The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Well he basically has to beat Swansea we won't get anything from Chelsea

When was the last time we beat Swansea at home Lambert's first season in charge? Bit of a bogey side for us

He's getting the sack

Swansea are a good team but they're not pulling up any trees away...drew at Sunderland, lost at Watford, lost 4-1 at Southampton.

Still we know what a charity we are at Villa Park...Stoke's only two away wins in last six months have both been at VP.

.....................no one in the bottom half has won more than 2 games.....just thought it was interesting/significant 

Well he basically has to beat Swansea we won't get anything from Chelsea

When was the last time we beat Swansea at home Lambert's first season in charge? Bit of a bogey side for us

He's getting the sack

Swansea are a good team but they're not pulling up any trees away...drew at Sunderland, lost at Watford, lost 4-1 at Southampton.

Still we know what a charity we are at Villa Park...Stoke's only two away wins in last six months have both been at VP.

.....................no one in the bottom half has won more than 2 games.....just thought it was interesting/significant 

that's still double the amount of gAmes we have !

Is there anyone besides me on this board who thinks that Tim, if given enough time, would probably turn it around? I still don't think that time should extend past November, but even if it did, I suspect he would finally get his tactics straightened out. 

Anyone?

Yes me, and i have posted several times to that effect but whats the point. People have their opinions and we're not going to change them. 

I'd like him to succeed, here or elsewhere, I don't particularly dislike the bloke. The problem I have is we have a massively inept manager at the minute coated in charm and character, making mistakes far and above any other manager in my life time and without the experience to rescue it. His character has saved him some far, not his management

I don't see the point of giving him two games, surely if they're having doubts now, then beating Swansea shouldn't change that. All that will do is delay his departure.

You really can't conceive why the board might be reluctant to flush their own hire? Honestly, it makes perfect sense ...

If true, just wonderful news, and doesn't it just seem like poetic justice.

First Sherwood 'leaks' his displeasure at not getting his own guy in, and boarderline blames the current players for our current plight.  He thinks he's being clever, savvy media operator etc.

A day later the club 'leaks' news that he's got two game to save his job, borderline blames Sherwood for the mess we're in, giving the Clown absolutely nowhere to hide.

Priceless, and really good on Fox and co.  Have to think this is a very clear signal that we are looking at / talking to managers.

Somehow doubt all the new players Sherwood 'didn't want' to sign this summer are going to rally around him and go to war against Chelsea in the name Tim the Almighty.....

• Like 2

MoyesMoyesMoyesMoyesMoyesMoyesMoyes.

MOYES!

Not another scot. Have had enough with the last 2. Plus the previous one did get us relegated.

Edit

Edited by Spoony
Edit: I now see what you meant

Moyes -- not convinced he would take the AVFC job if offered, but I think he would be excellent.

Rodgers worries me. He brings a lot of psychic baggage with him. He was JUST sacked. That's not usually a great recommendation for a new job, but this is football!

Edited by Plastic Man
  • Like 1

Moyes -- not convinced he would take the AVFC job if offered, but I think he would be excellent.

Rodgers worries me. He brings a lot of psychic baggage with him. He was sacked. That's not usually a great recommendation for a new job, but this is football!

Moyes was also sacked..

Rodgers worries me. He brings a lot of psychic baggage with him. He was JUST sacked. That's not usually a great recommendation for a new job, but this is football!

Moyes was also sacked..Fix

FIXED. 

Win one out of the next two is a strange thing really. We could win both but then lose the next six. If they are doubting him so much they should just move on and get someone else in. 

People were saying Allardyce because of his experience and ability to keep teams up. Moyes, for me, is better at that than big Sam, and you're more likely to see better football! 

Moyes put together one of the best full back pairings in British football for relatively nothing. His defences always looked a lot more solid than ours currently looks. He had hard-working midfields too, which is something we're crying out for - referring to his Everton days. 

Moyes is also proven at working on a shoestring budget. My only concern is that he's Scottish and Scottish managers have a bad record at Villa overall. But, someone has to change that. Let's face it, some of the best managers in British football history have been Scottish. 

For me, Moyes would pretty much be a safe bet. I reckon he would join us for multiple reasons - coming home, managing in the Premier League again etc. The only snag may be the costs involved. We all know our owner's plans regarding spending money on the club so Moyes might be beyond our budget. 

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 2

Rodgers worries me. He brings a lot of psychic baggage with him. He was sacked. That's not usually a great recommendation for a new job, but this is football!

Psychic baggage???

he's not bringing Eileen Drury or derek acorah with him is he?

as for 'two-games Tim', just cannot see him getting the results required to keep his job. Especially, if reports are right he's going to make multiple changes to the starting elevens (again!) 

smacks of desperation to me.

I get the feeling the two game deadline is simply Fox giving a Sherwod a nudge and asserting his authority over him after Sherwoods leak earlier in the week.  Either walk or you're going to be fired, ie here's a chance to leave with a tiny piece of dignity.  Also sends a very strong and public signal to possible replacement managers and the market that the villa manager role could be opening up very soon.  Good on him, smart move from Fox.

totally agree he could fluke a win against Swansea then lose the next four (very likely in fact), by then the damage could be terminal, even deadly if Sunderland pick up few results with the new manager bounce.

nohing is going to change in two games, damage is done with his poorly conceived 'leaks', and last few games he has just looked utterly lost and is showing the signs of somebody that has either given up or is in way way over their head.  Very different to his first few matches jumping around of the touch line, smiling and joking in press conferences etc, he's given it his best shot, just not up it plain and simple.

I totally expect to see Sherwood on Goals on Sunday in around 4-6 weeks time banging on about how he wasn't given enough time, he was just finding his best team, the board were ungrateful after he kept us up, he didn't pick the players we signed, the fans are all deluded, fickle and live in the early 80's etc etc.

• Like 1

Â