The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Have the club come out to publicly back him yet?

That would sound like a negative, even if it was a positive response.....Whatever they do, i would think will be done behind closed doors.

No and i'm surprised we haven't seen the usual PR trick come out of the club where we get a player backing the manager saying the team is behind him e.t.c

It's a way of the board backing him indirectly so when they come to sack him eventually they won't look like complete and utter mugs for backing him themselves

Edited by AshVilla

That would sound like a negative, even if it was a positive response.....Whatever they do, i would think will be done behind closed doors.

Yes. Tom Fox got stung when he publicly backed Lambert then fired him a few weeks later. I think the silence is quite telling though, maybe there is a chance of him going sooner than we think.

• Like 1

I don’t think they need to at this moment in time do they. There is no real clamouring in the press for his head and for the moment despite a few murmuring there has been no anti Sherwood chants at the ground. That can and will almost certainly change if we lose to Chelsea and fail to beat Swansea though.

Despite what us as fans think I’d imagine Lerner and Fox are loathe at this point to even consider sacking a guy they employed a few months ago and who succeeded in his only remit last season which was to keep us up and actually exceeded by getting us to the cup final. Pre-season they have sanctioned a huge turn over in players and I would have thought they would have factored in the potential for an initial rough ride while the team took shape.

I could be foaming at the mouth for Sherwood to get the sack but it doesn't change all of the above and the bottom line that we are only 8 league games in, having also come through two rounds of the league cup, and that there is zero chance of a change in manager being made at this stage.

• Like 3

I don’t think they need to at this moment in time do they. There is no real clamouring in the press for his head and for the moment despite a few murmuring there has been no anti Sherwood chants at the ground. That can and will almost certainly change if we lose to Chelsea and fail to beat Swansea though.

Despite what us as fans think I’d imagine Lerner and Fox are loathe at this point to even consider sacking a guy they employed a few months ago and who succeeded in his only remit last season which was to keep us up and actually exceeded by getting us to the cup final. Pre-season they have sanctioned a huge turn over in players and I would have thought they would have factored in the potential for an initial rough ride while the team took shape.

I could be foaming at the mouth for Sherwood to get the sack but it doesn't change all of the above and the bottom line that we are only 8 league games in, having also come through two rounds of the league cup, and that there is zero chance of a change in manager being made at this stage.

I sort of agree with you, but the only thing that might change their thinking is that if an alternative that they may have considered - eg, Big Sam - might be en route to Sunderland. 

I don't think Sherwood is under immediate danger of losing his job, but I think if we lose the next two games then Sherwood will be feeling the heat big time after that. It sounds a little unfair that defeat to Chelsea and Swansea could seal his fate ath this club, but unfortunately this run of poor form has cranked up the importance of these two games to our season. We desperately need a victory as soon as possible to get out of this rut, at the moment we look pretty doomed and destined for relegation. However, it only takes a win to change things sometimes, just look at Leicester last year for instance.

• Like 1

If we lose to Chelsea and find ourselves 7 points adrift then surely they'll have no choice but replace him, at that point. I'm hoping that Fox is working on something in the background before he pulls the trigger (sacks Sherwood). Like what seemingly happened when we replaced Lambert.

He's said today that he's going to keep changing the team until he stumbles upon a winning formula. People have called him a 'chancer', it's almost like he's admitting it himself now.

I don't know how accurate this quote is, but I have seen something along those lines (I think you've added the word "stumble" for effect).

This flies against the "time to gel" quotes of earlier in the season. Pick a formation, a style of play, a **** plan A and stick to it. Give them something to work towards. Chopping and changing the team and formation every week is going to relegate us at this rate. What happened to worrying about how we play first and foremost? He's already fallen into panic mode. He's bottled it.

Dropping your best player, at home, to switch to a formation we've not played before in a "must win" game, presumably in order to contain another struggling side, was the act of a desperate man. I was bitterly disappointed and I think he's already crossed the line.

What a difference a few weeks makes. That's football for you.

• Like 3

We are not too far off the new year and we are already 4 points clear from the next club who beat us, so things don't look too good. Plus in the next couple months we have to face the likes of Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Southampton twice, and Everton. Don't really see us getting points in those matches. 

I think it's a very real possibility come late November, we can still be on 4 points. 

Those are fair points, but why are the club not supporting the manager and reiterating those reasonable points to the public? When you are going through a tough time you need some solidarity and confidence. It seems like the club is continuing to accept the losing mentality at the club.

He's said today that he's going to keep changing the team until he stumbles upon a winning formula. People have called him a 'chancer', it's almost like he's admitting it himself now.

I don't know how accurate this quote is, but I have seen something along those lines (I think you've added the word "stumble" for effect).

I did quote myself to say that be fair to Sherwood that wasn't his exact quote, but as I also said that what he did actually say equates to pretty much the same thing. I certainly didn't use the word 'stumble' for effect or affect, I was just paraphrasing because I didn't have article in front of me at that time.

Edited by useless

Anyway here's the actual article for anybody that might be interested and hasn't seen it yet.

'Tim Sherwood insists he can turn claret and blue fortunes around - as he searches for the "right ingredients" to get Villa winning again.'

His slouching in his seat in the dugout when the score was 0-0 really pissed me off. Way to instill confidence and spirit, Tim.

This to me shows all is not well behind the scenes, our previous managers did the same, not getting out of the dugout, if you remember last season he never sat down. I'd be amazed if he's still here come December.

Anyway here's the actual article for anybody that might be interested and hasn't seen it yet.'Tim Sherwood insists he can turn claret and blue fortunes around - as he searches for the "right ingredients" to get Villa winning again

That is a lot different to`stumbles'. You're a very naughty boy, Useless.:D

Â