The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He's not that much of a lightweight player that he needs 6 defensive players FFS.

He puts in a shift and tracks back. I hate this notion that he doesn't. It's ignorant and insulting.

Get Gil in the team. With Jack. Play your best players. It's not hard is it Tim?

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

If he lost with a team and didn't change it.....He would be criticised for not changing it.

If he changes it, he is then criticised for chopping and changing the team.

If he comes out with an honest comment and it is unpalatable he is an idiot,If he comes out with lies, he is a Charlatan, If he chooses to say nothing he is losing the plot and doesn't know what to do.

Fact is we are losing every game.....so every criticism fits.....its easy......no one can be wrong right now, because we are losing....every criticism is hard to defend.

Lambert admitted in the end....He had lost it( the plot).....Losing does that to you, its doing it to us the fans.

Losing sucks the life out of us all , Players,Managers, fans, Owners.

There is a world of difference between tweaking things (which I agree with you on) and saying that you're basically trying out everything to find a win.  That's mental.  No manager can take that approach.

Arrrrrrrrrgh :(

• Like 3

If he lost with a team and didn't change it.....He would be criticised for not changing it.

If he comes out with an honest comment and it is unpalatable he is an idiot,If he comes out with lies, he is a Charlatan, If he chooses to say nothing he is losing the plot and doesn't know what to do.

Fact is we are losing every game.....so every criticism fits.....its easy......no one can be wrong right now, because we are losing....every criticism is hard to defend.

Lambert admitted in the end....He had lost it( the plot).....Losing does that to you, its doing it to us the fans.

There is a world of difference between tweaking things (which I agree with you on) and saying that you're basically trying out everything to find a win.  That's mental.  No manager can take that approach.

Indefensible I'm afraid.

The funny thing is - there's very little chance of him being sacked before the next 2 games are played - so if he can somehow conjure up a couple of results, everything might turn for him again.

As a club - we are all about momentum - we go on good runs where we put a string of results together, and then we go on bad runs where we look like we've never even seen a football before. Its been like this since Gregory, although sadly the bad runs last much longer these days.

He's currently staring down the barrel of a gun, but its not impossible that he could turn it around.

• Like 1

We all know why he was hired, he was hired because there were few good options, and he was keen. Plus he can talk a world class load of ****.  We were desperate, so welcome, Tim. 

I had no problem with that, especially as it worked out, but my problem was the seeming lack of a legitimate managerial candidate interview process after the season ended.

I'm pretty sure Sherwood was just given the keys to Villa Park in the summer, almost as a reward.

A more shrewd CEO or whatever title Fox has, would have at least sat down with a few other managers before going all in on Sherwood.

Blimey, Fox is copping it now......He was fantastic a few months ago, as was Sherwood.

I would like to know who & where all these messiah's are.

Its the blame culture at its best......I'M Sorry guys.....We are haemarroging goals in every match resulting in unacceptable results.

What the answer is, I don't know.....but it seems to me for what we are criticising sherwood for changing the team until he gets it right( and i do share your concerns)..... we are promoting the same process with managers.....just keep sacking them until we get a winning one.

Yet the things aren't anything alike.

Your excuses are getting thinner and thinner with every post.

of course they are alike....its referring to incompetence or the wrong decision/s by 2 members of Villa Park staff......my EXCUSES don't fit your view, so they are bound to be thinner .....you don't agree fine, but don't hold the moral high ground.

We are losing every game.....so your argument FOR THE MOMENT is on sound footing.

Kick him to death, if you wish, you may feel better.....but it won't take away the 7 losses.

Indefensible I'm afraid.

Really is, if i owned a club or any business for that matter id have to ask serious questions about that guys employment

Well unless an announcement is made in the next couple of hours, then it appears we are stuck with him until the Swansea game at least - a game away to the champions won't decide his fate. Let's just pray that the manager 'stumbles' upon a semi-competent line-up during the international break. If he could manage to work on some basic counter attacking transitions while he is at it, then we might stand a slither of a chance at the Bridge.

I won't hold my breath though.

Here's what I think they think:

We haven't won in the Premier League since the opening game. Foxy and his pals are probably thinking "Ah, that's only 6 games. We've got a bit of time to turn it around before the fans turn."

Unfortunately, they're forgetting the years we've been put through this. If we finished last season in 9th comfortably, then fine. We would probably be a bit more lenient now, but we didn't and we thought we were over this pain, but it looks like it's the SSDD and yeah, we've turned.

I hate churning through managers, but he's had a few games, and this is the most ideal time to get rid and try to get someone in place.

I know the grass is always greener, but I haven't seen green grass in years.

The manner of the defeat at Chelsea might be enough.  We know we're the best side to play in a bad run.  We know Chelsea are woefully under-performing at the moment and now they have an international break to go away and come back somewhat refreshed from.  It's only a matter of time before they give someone a hiding.  If we go down by a cricket score and other results don't go our way (Baggies play Sunderland...) then it might be an easier decision than you think for Fox to make.

The funny thing is - there's very little chance of him being sacked before the next 2 games are played - so if he can somehow conjure up a couple of results, everything might turn for him again.

As a club - we are all about momentum - we go on good runs where we put a string of results together, and then we go on bad runs where we look like we've never even seen a football before. Its been like this since Gregory, although sadly the bad runs last much longer these days.

He's currently staring down the barrel of a gun, but its not impossible that he could turn it around.

I agree with that... but what happens if he beats Chelsea, then uses the same formation/personnel against Swansea and loses?

Those quotes seriously worry me.  If it wasn't for those, I'd be with yourself and TRO (for example) in a slightly more positive frame of mind.  Those quotes though.  Read them again.  Oh my :(

• Like 2

I reckon his replacement is being lined up as we speak, whether or not that happens before or after the Chelsea game, or later is probably down to how long the negotiations take with whoever Fox has sounded out.

• Like 2

That's it Bobzy.  Without those quotes I was still OK with the results on the basis that we're a work in progress and things should pick up when the side gels more.  But now we know we're not actually a work in progress at all.  We're a jigsaw attempting to be made by trying to stick random pieces to each other.  Now it has become terrifying.

• Like 4

I reckon his replacement is being lined up as we speak, whether or not that happens before or after the Chelsea game, or later is probably down to how long the negotiations take with whoever Fox has sounded out.

Optimism is a wonderful thing. I hope you're right, and I hope it isn't another huge risk.

• Like 1

I'm taking it one game at a time. Let's see what happens after Chelsea -- and reassess.

I'm concerned about Tim Sherwood, but it still seems somewhat early to jump out of the aeroplane before getting a thorough, inch-by-inch inspection of a parachute.

If anyone listened to the Jonny Wilkinson interview after the England v Australia game .....it MIGHT change a few views, depending how you interpret it.

He said " you might all laugh at me now, but this England team are not ready yet but they will be amazing.....I know we lost all the scrums and that is/and has been our forte, but in 2 years time this will be some team..... we have some amazing players.

......Very brave after we was annihalated  at what we do best.... scrum.

I cannot preach for Tim Sherwood right now, but I think it is time to reflect in a balanced way.......and at the risk like Jonny Wilkinson of feeling foolish, he needs more time to fix it.

He needs to build from the back as all good teams do.....I don't think he has.....I think he has put too much emphasis on attack...... we can't do that until we learn how to defend.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're on about here - it seems that, on the one hand you are saying that Sherwood needs to be given more time to "fix it" and then we will have an "amazing team", and on the other hand saying that all good teams need to be solid at the back and that Sherwood is not working towards this nor does he really understand that it is a priority. These two statements are at complete odds with one another

Without being overdramatic, for the first time in five seasons we are

at the point of no return - to give Sherwood any more time is complete madness. 

I hope that we could get someone better but I would prefer Alladyce, Moyes, Rodgers or Dyche in immediately

Firstly, I was saying Jonny wilkinson was referring to England being better with Time and their moment is not now and implying sacking Stuart Lancaster would be as an easy option.He was saying England despite the drubbing have good players and are WIP.....bold statement considering they had just been well beaten ( i was drawing parallels to us)

Secondly, i was giving my opinion of building a team from the back....I think he has not necessarily chosen that priority.....My opinion, i think its the best policy.

It wasn't meant to be linked, just 2 individual points, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Thirdly, I think he does need more time, but like all of us not having the benefit of seeing in to the future, i might regret that.

Finally, Nothing of those managers you mentioned would convince me, that they could turn this around.....just my opinion.

Optimism is a wonderful thing. I hope you're right, and I hope it isn't another huge risk.

But opTIMism can be a terminal condition.  

@TRO  - TBH - I thought Jonny was completely wrong about that.  In an uncanny parallel that has ruined my last 2 saturdays, Lancaster is also out of his depth, has no idea about his best formation or tactics and the muddled thinking has come through in results.  England could and should have beaten Wales, Villa could and should have beaten Stoke.  They should both go.

• Like 1

Â