Carles Gil

bose

Like twisting people's words don't you? I said "we"like in team not "he" Gil

Gil was looking like Lambert had maybe signed someone special, somebody that makes things happen and let's face nobody else was at that moment in time. Point being IF Tim Left Gil in the team and IF our luck changed who gets the credit? Lambert and his last buy Gil maybe?. Let's face it Sherwood loves himself and I don't think he would be loving somebody else getting any credit for anything what happens after he took over.

Like I said it was just a thought I'm not saying that's what's going on.

And before you try twisting anything else.

I'm loving what Sherwood is doing but like a lot of people on here I'm just wondering why a player that was mostly running rings around people and scored a stunning goal is frozen out after one bad game? That's not me hating that me wondering.

Sherwood can't really lose with this one. When Gil does get some game time, if he is rubbish then that is why he hasn't been playing, if he is good then the timing wasn't right before but now it is. The only way he can really lose is if he never plays him and then gets rid.

The only thing thats " Baffling " is why you seem to think im moaning?. It was just a though on why hes not getting any game time even before this spell of good form.

With all due respect i think you should wind your neck in and relax a bit.

It was seriously the most stupid thing I've read on here in years.  You think he isn't playing Gil in case he scores lots of goals and people say that it's only because of a master stroke signing by Lambert scoring lots of goals?

A bit like Benteke you mean?

I kinda know where he is coming from. We know Sherwood has a huge ego, an maybe he wants to prove he can do what a experienced manager like Lambert couldn't do, with the same players he had. Introducing Gil may make people think Gil has brought the winning formula, an im sure Sherwood wants 100% of the praise.

This thread is much higher up than it should be the day after winning a semi-final he played no part in.

The attention does show what a good player he is though.

I'm sure as Tim continues to improve, he'll see that this man should be getting more playing time. I hope he doesn't realise too late.

The only thing thats " Baffling " is why you seem to think im moaning?. It was just a though on why hes not getting any game time even before this spell of good form.

It was seriously the most stupid thing I've read on here in years. You think he isn't playing Gil in case he scores lots of goals and people say that it's only because of a master stroke signing by Lambert scoring lots of goals?

I kinda know where he is coming from. We know Sherwood has a huge ego, an maybe he wants to prove he can do what a experienced manager like Lambert couldn't do, with the same players he had. Introducing Gil may make people think Gil has brought the winning formula, an im sure Sherwood wants 100% of the praise.

On what planet is that an actual possibility?

He's a premier league manager for **** sake, not a playground bully. This is exactly how some of the ridiculous rumours regarding his time at Tottenham started, deluded and delusional "fans" with nothing better to do than create conspiracy theories based around their own insecurities running around making shit up like school children.

24 hours it took. Christ on a bike.

It was seriously the most stupid thing I've read on here in years. You think he isn't playing Gil in case he scores lots of goals and people say that it's only because of a master stroke signing by Lambert scoring lots of goals?

He's a premier league manager for **** sake, not a playground bully. This is exactly how some of the ridiculous rumours regarding his time at Tottenham started, deluded and delusional "fans" with nothing better to do than create conspiracy theories based around their own insecurities running around making shit up like school children.

So I guess your a fan :)

I have a feeling that he has tried Gil in training and wasn't impressed. Sherwood said yesterday that when he asks Grealish to do something in training he just does it. So maybe it's to do with tactics and discipline.

Could also mean that Gil has no idea what the manager is talking about. ..don't know if the club has an interpreter they can call from time to time, but considering Sanchez and Gil don't speak much English, it would be a wise investment.

It's batshit mental isn't it?  Sherwood inherits a squad full of players that Lambert signed, isn't able to add to it himself, and then apparently is worried that one player in Gil might play well and take the limelight away.  Sherwood must be hopping mad with Benteke and Delph, the inconsiderate glory loving scumbags.  

• Like 1

Right. So Sherwood is trying to show he can do better than Lambert with the same players he had.

Gil was one of the players Lambert had.

So Sherwood is obviously going to exclude him because he is...er,,,one of the players Lambert had.

Heck, there is some nonsense being talked in this thread this evening.

• Like 2

Let's face it Sherwood loves himself and I don't think he would be loving somebody else getting any credit for anything what happens after he took over.

Where are you getting this tripe from? I'm done with this garbage thread. 

In the photos after the game he looked a bit on the edge of things, like he was not really as integrated into the group as the others. How is his English? Maybe Tim thinks he needs to work on that and become more chummy with the rest of them before he plays?

I don't think the treatment of Gil will make or break him as a manger. I like Gil and I think he should get more game time but you can't argue with results because in football, the ends always justify the means.

I don't like how people in this thread are being accused of moaning or having a go for simply speculating why Gil hasn't featured at all for a good number of weeks now. It's perplexing to say the least, and when people say so they're not having a go at Sherwood (for the most part), so can we chill with the strawman arguments?

• Like 1

Has Gil ever played high energy, quick, pressing football before? I'm pretty sure that Elche and Valencia don't play that way so I can see why he isn't playing at the moment. We only have to look at Sanchez to see that our other player coming in from La Liga wants too much time on the ball and it might just be that Gil isn't quite ready to press and play as quickly as Sherwood would like.

Also I would add, in a relegation dogfight who are you going to rely on to start most games, experienced premier league players or an untested kid from Spain? If there is one place available to try out a youngster as well it deserves to be one of our youth products, especially when they have as much potential as Grealish, so he is probably just a victim of circumstance.

Nothing to see here imo.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Sherwood can't really lose with this one. When Gil does get some game time, if he is rubbish then that is why he hasn't been playing, if he is good then the timing wasn't right before but now it is. The only way he can really lose is if he never plays him and then gets rid.

Don't be silly.

If you start playing someone and they're really good then you should have been playing them all along! 

Don't be silly.

If you start playing someone and they're really good then you should have been playing them all along!

Like Okore?

;)

• Like 1

Â