Carles Gil

bose

There's no proof Grealish is better than Gil. Grealish hasn't scored yet and looks like he hasn't really got the confidence. What I have seen is Gil has 1 goal, an looks a much more confindent player for me! Though I agree Sherwood sees what he sees. But being youth and English playing Grealish is doing Sherwoods rep much better than it would playing a unknown and we know Sherwood wants to build on his managerial reputation.

What a load of shite.

couldnt agree more Grealish is Irish for a start ;)

The point still stands though.

He has something about him. I'm also not sure if people are serious talking about being "bullied" out of games. It is fair to say ALOT of players were bullied in the fixtures mentioned. Not sure singling him in what was to make a point in what was awful team performances is the way to go about it.

In my own opinion i'm not sure he is in Sherwood's plans and for that reason he won't be here next season. He made a point that you have to really not be in his plans to move in the summer, I think he was hinting at this call and probably Weimann.

I'm also not sure Gil and Grealish should be compared. They are very different players if people actually watch the games. This isn't the case of one or the other.

i'm going with the conspiracy that Gil doesn't exist at all, in a feat of desperation Lambert got Derren Brown to hypnotise the entire Villa faithful into thinking we'd signed the young silky skilled foreign playmaker we'd all wanted for the last 3-4 years.

But Sherwood arrived and realised it was just some bloke called Kevin Puddy (who works in Aldi) that Lambert paid to stand around in a Villa shirt and look a bit Spanish and when on the pitch its actually Barry Bannan wearing a Kevin Puddy mask. So he's decided to slowly demote and phase Puddy out of the team and send Bannan back to Bolton.

Really guys, this Gil obsession needs to end.

bit of an odd post; think you're in the in the wrong thread. This is the Gil thread, people will obviously talk about him like the other players in their respective threads.

Exactly this, and as far as I can see, the only people sensationalising now are the people taking the piss out of people who were puzzled by his absence previously.

Hey ho.

• Like 2

Would be very surprised if he doesn't feature the next 5 games. You couldn't drop Jack after the Liverpool game, and the way we set up against City he probably just missed out on the bench by 1. When you think of the performance against Liverpool would be hard to drop anyone from that game, so Zog fell to the bench & in came Sanchez. Again I just think this is the whole we aren't suited by a relegation battle thing, we've been a very decent side the last few games, think Gil will get games v Hammers & Burnley.

I hope your right. Not even putting him on the bench though, with Cole and Weimann always there, personally a little harsh.

Its chalk and cheese though isn't it with Gil and Weimann. Weimann for all his lack of skill isn't a bad shout to bring on for the last half hour to put himself about a bit and chase down lost causes whether you are chasing the game or trying to hang on to a lead. I can see the sense in having Cole on the bench simply for the experience he has and that he is also a very handy player to have to help see out a game.

I think from what we have seen so far Sherwood starts games with all his game changes in terms of creating chances and all out attacking intent. He also likes to start games with players with big energy levels and likes everyone of the front 6 aside from Benteke to be able to get themselves around the pitch. On the bench then it seems in an attacking sense he likes players that can help him see out a game. 

I don't think Gil is competing with Weimann or Gabby. I think he is competing for a place with Grealish, Cole and NZogbia. Jack for me has now earned his place on merit, NZogbia whilst not in any way a favourite of mine has done ok under Sherwood and can offer something going forward whilst also being happy to put a shift in going the other way and Cole at the moment given our current predicament is very useful to have due to his vast experience.

As I said I don't see the lads in training everyday and don't know how Gil as a 22 year old in a new country has settled in to his new environment. I think though had we perhaps not been going in to every game with huge pressure riding on it then the lad would have gotten more of a chance. Sherwood doesn't have that luxury though and has to go with the players that from what he sees in training and from what he has got to know about their personalities he believes can handle the pressure and can give us the best chance of winning games and staying up. If he believes that Gil isn't currently one of them players then so be it I'll go with his judgement as he sees way more than I do and currently the proof is in the pudding and the players he is picking, attacking wise, are for me doing a great job.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Would be very surprised if he doesn't feature the next 5 games. You couldn't drop Jack after the Liverpool game, and the way we set up against City he probably just missed out on the bench by 1. When you think of the performance against Liverpool would be hard to drop anyone from that game, so Zog fell to the bench & in came Sanchez. Again I just think this is the whole we aren't suited by a relegation battle thing, we've been a very decent side the last few games, think Gil will get games v Hammers & Burnley.

really? I don't think we will see him again this season. Wouldn't be too suprised if we never saw him agin to be fair

I said before that I think he'd get more game time when we're mathematically safe, and as that has been, erm, delayed for a game or two, I don't think we'll see much of him until next season.

Next year he'll have had a full pre-season, and I think we'll see him getting more action then.

bit of an odd post; think you're in the in the wrong thread. This is the Gil thread, people will obviously talk about him like the other players in their respective threads.

It's possible to talk about a player in his thread without inventing ludicrous conspiracy theories about why he's not getting picked. It's the obsession that needs to end, not the dicussion about Gil.

I can't even see the last 'conspiracy theory' in the last few pages.

I think you're moaning about something that's already ceased tbh.

The only thing I can see are people still taking the piss out of those who were puzzled by his lack of involvement.

It's possible to talk about a player in his thread without inventing ludicrous conspiracy theories about why he's not getting picked. It's the obsession that needs to end, not the dicussion about Gil.

The same thing happened with Grealish as he didn't start games under Lambert toward the end of his reign.  The same thing will happen in the future with <x> popular player who doesn't get game time.

The only thing I can see are people still taking the piss out of those who were puzzled by his lack of involvement.

Apart from "But being youth and English playing Grealish is doing Sherwoods rep much better than it would playing a unknown and we know Sherwood wants to build on his managerial reputation." which to be fair, you correctly described as "shite".

• Like 1

The point still stands though.

He has something about him. I'm also not sure if people are serious talking about being "bullied" out of games. It is fair to say ALOT of players were bullied in the fixtures mentioned. Not sure singling him in what was to make a point in what was awful team performances is the way to go about it.

In my own opinion i'm not sure he is in Sherwood's plans and for that reason he won't be here next season. He made a point that you have to really not be in his plans to move in the summer, I think he was hinting at this call and probably Weimann.

I'm also not sure Gil and Grealish should be compared. They are very different players if people actually watch the games. This isn't the case of one or the other.

I think Gil , Wiemann, Senderos and Westwood will be on their way out

Apart from "But being youth and English playing Grealish is doing Sherwoods rep much better than it would playing a unknown and we know Sherwood wants to build on his managerial reputation." which to be fair, you correctly described as "shite".

I'm not even sure the original poster actually believes that though.

Â