Carles Gil

bose

I'd rather we lost in the Cup Final if Gil doesn't get a start in the game.

Errr...

That's the sort of thing we say in this thread, right?

:o

That, or we'd have won 4-1 if Gil was playing!  :)

Sherwood seems to have decided that Grealish and N'zogbia are his chosen attacking midfielders with Cole and Sinclair next in line. Gil would appear well down the pecking order. I'm not going to question Sherwood though as he's done a sterling job so far and he's made me smile again when watching Villa, which is something I'd forgotten how to do! 

Still should be in before Cole.

That's two games in a row where Cole has come on when we have been defending a lead and playing on the counter and I really don't understand what at all he can offer in such a situation.

That's two games in a row where Cole has come on when we have been defending a lead and playing on the counter and I really don't understand what at all he can offer in such a situation.

Keeping hold of the ball and using it intelligently, mainly.  Have we gone on to lose either of the matches?

He's a vastly experienced ex England midfield player, his decision making would be better than Gils (most likely).

Last season i went to watch wba vs Cardiff and it ended 3-3 after Cardiff equalised with the last kick of the game. My point being that before Cardiff scored that goal, wba had a 4 on 1 with only goalkeeper and 1 defender to beat. Berinho had the ball and somehow managed to pass to the only Cardiff player in their entire half. That player then promptly hoofed it back into wba's box and dealhia (sp) scored.

I think joe cole would have the experience compared to 22 year old Gil not to put us in that potential position.

Gils time will come, trust me [emoji56]

I've been thinking about logical reasons to why Tim isn't playing this lad and this crossed my mind. Obviously Gils got silky attacking skills, lets say Tim started playing him every game from when he took over and we started smashing goals and saved us from going down. Now is Tim thinking people will be saying we stayed up due to a master stroke signing by Lambert? And not because Tims changed things?.

Im hoping Gil starts getting some time soon.

Keeping hold of the ball and using it intelligently, mainly.  Have we gone on to lose either of the matches?

We haven't but I don't think Cole particularly contributed anything upon coming on. In such a case I'd prefer a player that offers some sort of outlet whether that be hold-up, pace, dribbling etc. The only acceptable time to bring Cole on is when we are dominating possession and pushing for a goal in my opinion.

We haven't but I don't think Cole particularly contributed anything upon coming on. In such a case I'd prefer a player that offers some sort of outlet whether that be hold-up, pace, dribbling etc. The only acceptable time to bring Cole on is when we are dominating possession and pushing for a goal in my opinion.

I would argue that Cole is far more the sort of player to bring in a situation like Sunday.  Imagine if young Carles had gone on a mazy, lost the ball and they'd gone on to score, his confidence would have been destroyed, and he'd probably have been run out of town.  I think Gil's time will come when we're safe from relegation, and we can start experimenting with the flair players a lot more.

• Like 2

Towards the end of the Spurs game, Cole came on and was drawing fouls, running the ball into the corner, general intelligent play which our less experienced players will lack. 

• Like 1

Towards the end of the Spurs game, Cole came on and was drawing fouls, running the ball into the corner, general intelligent play which our less experienced players will lack.

I do remember the foul he drew around the 89th (?) minute against Spurs come to think of it. Maybe saying he contributed almost nothing was harsh. I just meant that we could be better served with a player that could perhaps run the channels, exploit space and/or press better, etc. I don't think that running the clock down tactics is exclusive to experienced players.

• Like 1

He sort of plays as another central midfielder and I suppose Sherwood's reason is when in possession he can keep it and won't do anything ridiculous in terms of passing that say Sanchez does whatever the game situation.

He also came on against QPR when it was level which I thought was the wrong call. I'd rather have seen Gil in that situation if he'd been on the bench.

The only thing thats " Baffling " is why you seem to think im moaning?. It was just a though on why hes not getting any game time even before this spell of good form.

With all due respect i think you should wind your neck in and relax a bit.

• Like 1

I do remember the foul he drew around the 89th (?) minute against Spurs come to think of it. Maybe saying he contributed almost nothing was harsh. I just meant that we could be better served with a player that could perhaps run the channels, exploit space and/or press better, etc. I don't think that running the clock down tactics is exclusive to experienced players.

Oh I'm not saying it's exclusive to experienced players and I do know the point your making. I guess Cole has probably won more Premier League football matches than our entire first 11, he knows how to win games so I understand the decision to bring him on. 

Looking at all the dressing room footage it does seem that Gil hasn't really fit in with the rest of the boys in the squad. He looks sad and alone. Probably not showing the passion the other players were however this could have been a result of the lack of involvement. I just wonder how good his English is yet and whether he is not trying to learn the language or possibly homesick. Maybe this is why Sherwood is leaving him out. Still doesn't make sense to me as he was performing when playing. I think he will be off in the summer

The only thing thats " Baffling " is why you seem to think im moaning?. It was just a though on why hes not getting any game time even before this spell of good form.

With all due respect i think you should wind your neck in and relax a bit.

It was seriously the most stupid thing I've read on here in years.  You think he isn't playing Gil in case he scores lots of goals and people say that it's only because of a master stroke signing by Lambert scoring lots of goals?

A bit like Benteke you mean?

• Like 1

Â