Carles Gil

bose

I'd prefer Carles Gil stays in the summer than Tim Sherwood if I'm honest.

I'm not a million miles away from that sentiment either tbh.

Well, I hope the two of you feel suitably silly this evening.

:lol: Excellent stuff.

With Gil we'd have won 3-0.

So ner ner.

• Like 3

because people want a stick to beat the manager with. Its not the 1st manager to get this against him, goes all the way back to MON 

I don't think the rumours of a fall out would have been a stick to beat Sherwood with.

If they were true, it would make Gil look a lot worse than Sherwood.

But considering he hasn't got a look-in under Sherwood when he was fit, chances are he wouldn't have made the bench.

I like a lot about Sherwood, and I certainly don't want him out of the club, he's doing a good job, but this whole Gil thing does baffle me. We'll only ever potentially find out what's going on when Gil moves on from the club, but hopefully it doesn't come to that. I really do struggle to figure out Sherwood's reasoning for some of his team selections though. Fair enough if people want to have complete faith in the manager, but it's not like a lack of faith in him is completely unfounded either.

He should at least get a fair chance and start a few games, let alone make the bench more often.

Nothing suggests to me that he hasn't been given a fair chance or that he, or any other player has any right to start a few games - perhaps Sherwood just likes what he sees from the other players in terms of dedication, hard work and commitment to the team more...

he has tried to bring attacking flair into the team and has given lots of playing time to the likes of grealish, Sinclair, nzogbia, cole...

perhaps its just a case of getting fit and then working hard and waiting for your chance...

My suspicion is....When we are certain to stop up....he will be introduced.

he is still only 22 and lots to learn.

I hope so because his cameo when he came on vs Liverpool got me seriously excited for what was to come from him also his goal in the cup was different class.

Not sure why there is so much debate over this. I was really excited by what I saw in Gil when he played, but sherwood will probably have his reasons for not playing him. He's been injured a couple of times and might not of got back up to speed, might be slight language barriers and he could well be saving him for next season when there is less pressure for us to get results. Like someone said above, he is only 22, still new to the league and learning. He's one for the future I am certain. Won't be going anywhere in my opinion.

Sherwood has to pick a team that gets results, the time for players to prove themselves was the first 25 games, we've run out of time to trial players. From what sherwood has done so far I don't think anyone can complain, if we had accumulated over the 38 games the same kind of points he has earned us since taking charge, we would be finishing with 50+ points!

Edited by AdamDouggie
  • Like 1

Same article that said westwood will be shipped out says Sherwood believes he's too lightweight that's why he's been frozen out. Disagree with him on Gil. Same size as Messi.. Before anyone thinks I'm comparing him to his ability I'm not.. They are the same weight and height. David Silva? Luka Modric? All had those critics but when you have footballing ability and don't lose possession often it doesn't mean shit. Wiemann is physically capable but he's useless and gives the ball away.

Ah well if true at least we know why.

Edited by KSV

He's not as good as any of those players though, which does count for something.

I'm not saying it is true, I doubt that is the reason actually nor do I agree with it, but the logic is sound.

How do you know he's not as good as those players? Safe to assume that i guess, but we've not seen that much of him to rule out the possibility.

Size doesn't really come into it any more though, or at least it shouldn't in modern football. The little players contribute by closing down quicker in the final third, they are deceptively difficult to shrug off the ball and it seems to me he has much more technical ability than most the squad. I hope it's just a temporary thing and he will get a chance at some stage.

He's not as good as any of those players though, which does count for something.

I'm not saying it is true, I doubt that is the reason actually nor do I agree with it, but the logic is sound.

How do you know he's not as good as those players? Safe to assume that i guess, but we've not seen that much of him to rule out the possibility.

Agree entirely. There is just no evidence for it at the present time. We won't see it unless he plays, but I don't expect the manager to be doing so at this present time just so that WE can see. The only thing that matters right now is the clubs survival.

he needs to give him a run of games once were safe and see what he has. To me he looks like he will be unreal after a pre season with Villa. He may be too unfit for Sherwoods high tempo game. I still dont see how he cannot be used off the bench or in the squad. I just think hes written him off already unfortunately. Which is a shame. Wait till he sees the players we have out on loan!!

Well, that certainly sounds like a very sensible possibility.

Well, that certainly sounds like a very sensible possibility.

Too sensible. I prefer wild speculation like Sherwood hates football.

Â