Carles Gil

bose

When Sherwood talks about his "icing on the cake" players Gil is the first name that comes to mind for most of us. Surely he'll at least get in the squad for what can only be described as an "icing on the cake" cup? 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gil given a chance tomorrow. No pressure on us, we can play without the the burden of fighting relegation. That's why TS isn't playing him, right?

Sherwood wants this and wants to win the cup. Don't believe he will put this as number 2 and premiership survival as the the priority. Think of his ego, he will want them both equal and will be pissed if we don't get to the final. With that in mind I doubt he will be playng his ' icing on the cake' player, won't risk it.

This icing on the cake term is a load of bull anyway. Its as good as saying, "when the players become a winning team, we can then risk someone with technical ability back into the squad."

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

This icing on the cake term is a load of bull anyway. Its as good as saying, "when the players become a winning team, we can then risk someone with technical ability back into the squad."

I agree completely, I never understood his icing on the cake logic. I guess we probably won't see Gil on the pitch until the Burnley game if we're 100% safe by then!

Here's some fuel to the 'conspiracy against Gil' fire. He's been replaced with Alan Hutton on header the club's official Twitter page

e8a7ed756054f25ea925fb877e2d464d.jpg

:suspect:  :lol:

Oooh... that's some fuel you've added there!  I reckon they are playing CNZ instead of Gil in the hope someone buys him in the summer, and then Gil becomes a regular starter next season.

Edited by Silafou's_besi_mate

I would love to see Gill and Grealish behind Benteke to see what that front 3 will do.

Yep. Thought N'Zogbia was largely disappointing again yesterday - Gil and Grealish behind Benteke could be seriously naughty. Would think Agbonlahor comes back in against City though. 

I honestly don't care that Gil isn't giving a look in. Or what the reason is.

Sherwood on the whole has made a difference and is getting results - if Gil isn't impressing him enough to get picked that is Gil's problem.

I would love to see Gill and Grealish behind Benteke to see what that front 3 will do.

Yep. Thought N'Zogbia was largely disappointing again yesterday - Gil and Grealish behind Benteke could be seriously naughty. Would think Agbonlahor comes back in against City though. 

I thought Nzogbia played well yesterday, he too has been much better under Sherwood. To be honest I'm not particularly bothered wether Gil plays or not

I thought Nzogbia played well yesterday, he too has been much better under Sherwood. To be honest I'm not particularly bothered wether Gil plays or not

I don't think anyone was poor yesterday, but N'Zogbia was our weakest player. 

He didn't do very much and was the obvious choice to be subbed off first (not counting Baker)

Nothing to do with Gil mind you, I just don't particularly agree that n'Zogbia was much good yesterday.

The guy next to me was giving Nzogbia pelters during the game so I left thinking he was poor. However watching the game again today I thought he actually did OK. He misplaced a few key passes which could have led to chances but other than that I thought he contributed to a great overall performance.

Thing he gives us over Gabby is he can actually pass and has a bit of technique so we had much better flow through the attacks. Obviously you lose the threat in behind Gabby gives you

Edit - I reckon Carles will get a chance in the run in

Edited by villaglint

Â