Carles Gil

bose

I think a few have missed the point. Of course you can have opinions and question the manager. No ones jumped on that.

Its the ridiculous theories (designed to have a go at Sherwood) and the fact a comment that said I'd rather gill than Sherwood next season got about 11 likes that people have jumped on.

Question away, make ridiculous digs because you don't like the managers decision while the team are doing well and people are bound to respond.

The problem is that, although a couple of people have tossed out some rather far-fetched theories, some of you who agree with Sherwood's decision to leave him out are acting as though everyone who expressed puzzlement by his being dropped from the squad are making "ridiculous digs...while the team are doing well."   They aren't.  And the questioning started before the team were doing well.  Newcastle.  Swansea.   Baggies until Foster's moment of madness, to some extent.   And people have jumped on that.   As the team have started winning there's obviously little reason to question Sherwood sticking with the players delivering the wins as long as none of them consistently deliver poor performances.  But that doesn't mean the original decision to  suddenly drop Gil completely out of the game day squad should be immune to scrutiny without the questioners being accused of making "ridiculous digs"

I think its fine to question the manages decisions when you dont agree with them. In my view the reason Gil doesnt get picked is possibly due to what sherwood sees in training in terms of effort and others providing a better balance for the team. If there was no signs of improvement then it would make sense that sherwood's decision was wrong. But obviously with the results and performances getting so so much better without Gil and with Grealish/Nzog , Sherwood seems to have made the right decisions. Long may this continue.

I would have liked to see more of what Gil can offer, but you know...when he came on and impressed so much, it was a "breath of fresh air" amongst a team performing like shit.

It's hard to lose any sleep about him not playing though, because yes we saw him outperform a team performing poorly but now the team is playing much better and we're winning.  He no longer looks so stand out.

I would have liked to see more of what Gil can offer, but you know...when he came on and impressed so much, it was a "breath of fresh air" amongst a team performing like shit.

It's hard to lose any sleep about him not playing though, because yes we saw him outperform a team performing poorly but now the team is playing much better and we're winning.  He no longer looks so stand out.

We'll never know if he doesn't get the chance will we? If he impressed in a poor team, I wonder what he'd be like in a team playing well. If even players like Cleverley saw a massive upturn in form, I wonder what type of heights Gil might have hit.

Tom Cleverley was being branded as an absolute failure of a footballer barely 3 months ago - now most people want him signed on a free transfer.

Carles Gil came in, showed ability, scored a wonder goal, created a goal for Okore(?) and looked to be an exciting, lively player - exactly what we've been missing.  Yet has suddenly been completely dropped.

It's bizarre.  We're getting results (to an extent, by the way.  If we hadn't won at Spurs we'd be right in the shitter) so there's validation to an extent, but I think we're missing a trick here.  If we're safe with a couple of games to go, I'd really hope he gets a start or 2.  I worry about losing him this summer.

Gilly won't leave, he's got an old teammate here, his English teacher, a club with new owners on the horizon,an FA cup final, a nice long contract and he's probably starting to settle in to his new home. You think he'd uproot that to go elsewhere? Where would he even go? There hadn't been a single whiff of speculation on his future being away from Villa from anywhere outside this forum... Settle down lads, he's only just got here.

• Like 2

Gilly won't leave, he's got an old teammate here, his English teacher, a club with new owners on the horizon,an FA cup final, a nice long contract and he's probably starting to settle in to his new home. You think he'd uproot that to go elsewhere? Where would he even go? There hadn't been a single whiff of speculation on his future being away from Villa from anywhere outside this forum... Settle down lads, he's only just got here.

Sure, but if it is indeed the case that he doesn't belong in Sherwood's plans for whatever reason I really can't see him staying. And that would be a shame, because he's certainly got talent.

Cannot understand why he isn't on the bench. We are packing the midfield, but if we are chasing the game then he would be very useful. More than Weimann or N Zogbia. I would argue more so than Cole too (no criticism of Cole as he has done well in his cameos).

Â