Carles Gil

bose

Sherwood says he picks the players he thinks will win games.

I see no reason to doubt that is what he is doing.

It is possible his judgement is faulty, and that by picking Gil he would make us more successful.

But there is no reason to doubt he is just making the best assessment he can of who will perform best in the first team.

There is no puzzle or mystery here.

• Like 4

But there is no reason to doubt he is just making the best assessment he can of who will perform best in the first team.

There is.

Fair enough if you don't see it or want to see it. But there clearly is something puzzling about it.

Even if the explanation is that Gil has suddenly plummeted in ability so that he's not even good enough to be in the squad. That in itself is puzzling as to what's brought on that plummet in ability.

It is puzzling. Not necessarily anything to do with Sherwood, but if you can't see anything puzzling about a guy who looked like one of our best players in his first few appearances suddenly becoming a reserve, not even making the bench, then I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 2

It is possible his judgement is faulty, and that by picking Gil he would make us more successful.

With that you mean the starting 11.

Surely Gil should be on the bench though given our generally awful second half performances under Sherwood.

Surely Gil should be on the bench though given our generally awful second half performances under Sherwood.

You are questioning Sherwood's judgement and ability as a manager.

Fair enough, it's your opinion.

Just saying it's not Villa's Grassy Knoll moment.

You think Sherwood is making wrong decisions, that's all.

• Like 1

Indeed.

The problem, as always, is that there is no balance. Spin > speculation.

As I said before, Sherwood has a reputation as a 'plain speaker' so I don't see why he doesn't put an end to 'spin' and just say, clearly, what the problem is.
Then maybe that shows there isn't a big issue like some claim. Like you've said Sherwood has been very open in the past so maybe what he's said regarding Gil is the truth.
Don't be daft mate

He might be tomorrow unless injured you just don't know. unless the squads already announced then I will duly beat mysel with a cucumber

I have seen a quote on vital football

Find it utterly confusing, that Gil, is not, linking up with Grealish In the squad,every time I watched this lad ,he reminds me of Bojan at Stoke.technially gifted ,to play Cole instead ,makes me angry. This is A big statement, but this kid always reminds me of messi . TS ,wake up And play this little spanish diamond ASAP

When in doubt, throw commas all over the place.
  • Like 3

I hate it when people come out with the "suddenly Gil has become like Messi" when somebody brings up why Gil isn't playing at all.

Surely people can see that it's a bit odd that a player that the majority of Villa fans thought was very promising is suddenly not making the squad?

I hate it when people come out with the "suddenly Gil has become like Messi" when somebody brings up why Gil isn't playing at all.

Surely people can see that it's a bit odd that a player that the majority of Villa fans thought was very promising is suddenly not making the squad?

I thought it was strange he hadn't made the squad Tuesday but we had 2 of our back 4 coming back from injury so I can see why we had extra cover on the bench. Sherwood obviously rates other attacking players over Gil at the moment. Edited by DCJonah

I have seen a quote on vital football

Find it utterly confusing, that Gil, is not, linking up with Grealish In the squad,every time I watched this lad ,he reminds me of Bojan at Stoke.technially gifted ,to play Cole instead ,makes me angry. This is A big statement, but this kid always reminds me of messi . TS ,wake up And play this little spanish diamond ASAP

When in doubt, throw commas all over the place.

Commas are like buses, none for ages, then suddenly...............

Not playing him and on the bench is likely tactical. Not even putting in the squad on Tuesday is cause for concern. He's has obviously got quality and even if Sherwood feels he may not fit in, it may be advantagous to give him half a game to see a performance. Not bringing him on against Sunderland, tells me there's a problem, game was over. An Cole in front of him? If he wants to play faced paced football is a bit of a kick in the bollocks to bring on Cole and have no interest in Gil.

Its all good saying "well Sherwood picks the team, he knows best."  Does he really? Everyone admits his subs are questionable and to be fair, would most of the fans want him here next season if we get the takeover?

Â