Carles Gil

bose

I have seen a quote on vital football

Find it utterly confusing, that Gil, is not, linking up with Grealish In the squad,every time I watched this lad ,he reminds me of Bojan at Stoke.technially gifted ,to play Cole instead ,makes me angry. This is A big statement, but this kid always reminds me of messi . TS ,wake up And play this little spanish diamond ASAP

This Stoke performance has snowballed massively.

He wasn't great, but neither was anyone else. I'd say he was still one of our better players that day, although that's not saying much.

He wasn't one of our better players that day at all.  And as for snowballing, the lad seems to have metamorphosed into a combination of Ronaldo, Messi and Pele all the time he's been on the bench, in what can only be described as a severe case of NRC syndrome.

Not really.

Most people are just wondering why a player that showed so much promise is suddenly getting no game time.

I don't think many, if any, are claiming he's some incredible player. just that he looked good enough in his time on the pitch not to be relegated to the u21 squad.

• Like 2

maybe he has an attitude on the training ground

maybe he isnt bulked up for English football as he was bullied against Stoke and Hull

maybe he doesnt fit the style of play

maybe he is homesick

nobody knows what the reason is and im sure if GIl was pissed off his agent would leak stuff to the media about it

Sherwood is here to manage the team not to pamper to fans every request

is it speculation? ive seen words used like vendetta and agenda against Gil from some posters not just this thread but in the game thread

thats more allegation than speculation ;)

It already feels like we've got a £20 million plus player on our hands, really think he's going to do well. Hopefully Lambert can find a few more gems.

(I wonder how much he's worth now)

This was the kind of praise he was getting from various sources, so it's not just an 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' kind of thing. People were also comparing him to Zidane, Maradonna and Oliver Bierhoff maybe he hadn't done enough to receive such comparisons but It's an indication that he was doing well enough. He needs to be used more, we're going to need him.

It already feels like we've got a £20 million plus player on our hands, really think he's going to do well. Hopefully Lambert can find a few more gems.

(I wonder how much he's worth now)

This was the kind of praise he was getting from various sources, so it's not just an 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' kind of thing. People were also comparing him to Zidane, Maradonna and Oliver Bierhoff maybe he hadn't done enough to receive such comparisons but It's an indication that he was doing well enough. He needs to be used more, we're going to need him.

zidane, maradona and oliver bierhoff?

that is one bizarre player you are trying to describe

Maybe the Bierhoff comparison was just a comment on Gil's work ethic or something I don't know. As for comparisons to players like Maradonna, Zidane and whoever else, I think people are more suggesting that Gil has a similar style of play to them rather than he's as good as them just yet.

If Gil had put a better performance in vs Stoke he could well be closer to getting in the team now. Sherwood took him off before for the hour mark for a reason.

He'll have to fight for his place and do better next time he comes on. Good luck to the lad.

thats my point. So Richardson wont feature for a while as he was really really poor against QPR? I expect him not to make the bench either.

In some positions we have more options.

At left back for example if Richardson was the only fit left back then yes I would expect him to play in the next one.

One difference in the Gil situation IMO is we have a number of other attacking options: N'Zogbia, Cole, Grealish, Bacuna, Sinclair (when fit) and arguably Delph as examples.

It seems like a tactical thing to me. Gil is probably used to a slower more patient style of football that they play in Spain, whereas Sherwood has changed the style to more direct, high tempo counter attacking football. we are also embroilled in a relegation battle and Gil is a player that lacks experience in english football. Its just common sense really.

everything Sherwood has done very sensible given the situation we are in. Play a style of football that suits strengths of our squad - pacey counter attacking football. Be positive talk up the club the fan, the potential.  Don't give the players an excuses or anywhere to hide as everyone needs to stand up and be counted. Gil and Grealish are definitely the future and I am confident Sherwood see's that potential.

• Like 1

It seems like a tactical thing to me. Gil is probably used to a slower more patient style of football that they play in Spain, whereas Sherwood has changed the style to more direct, high tempo counter attacking football. we are also embroilled in a relegation battle and Gil is a player that lacks experience in english football. Its just common sense really.

Same could be said about Sanchez though. Hes played poorly more than once too. Gil seemed more suited to the league than Sanchez.

Indeed.

The problem, as always, is that there is no balance. Spin > speculation.

As I said before, Sherwood has a reputation as a 'plain speaker' so I don't see why he doesn't put an end to 'spin' and just say, clearly, what the problem is. 

Gil has a fantastic amou ofnt talent so it's all about getting the best out of him for the team. So far it seems like Sherwood hasn't been able to work out what to do with him which imo is a shame.

I really hope that we don't lose Gil as this club has been crying out for a player like him for so long it's not funny.

Indeed.

The problem, as always, is that there is no balance. Spin > speculation.

As I said before, Sherwood has a reputation as a 'plain speaker' so I don't see why he doesn't put an end to 'spin' and just say, clearly, what the problem is.

Then maybe that shows there isn't a big issue like some claim. Like you've said Sherwood has been very open in the past so maybe what he's said regarding Gil is the truth.

I don't think Sherwood has to explain anything.

He picks the team, that's his job. He can do whatever he likes and if we get results then he doesn't really have anything to answer for in terms of selection.

Doesn't stop us speculating though as, like I said before, it's undoubtedly a strange situation

Â