Carles Gil

bose

He probably did leave the ground, but was told to come back or face a fine or something. Apparently he was walking around the pitch before kickoff so I would say that's the club wheeling him out there to keep up appearances...

Yes, that will be it !

People saw him leave the ground in his car prior to kickoff. I know someone who said they did. No reason to doubt them.

He probably did leave the ground, but was told to come back or face a fine or something. Apparently he was walking around the pitch before kickoff so I would say that's the club wheeling him out there to keep up appearances...

Yes, that will be it !

People saw him leave the ground in his car prior to kickoff. I know someone who said they did. No reason to doubt them.
I saw him cartwheeling down new street in the nude.

No reason to doubt me.

• Like 1

If we're relegated because of Sherwood not picking Gil then he won't be the only one leaving in the summer.

But what if we get relegated because he has not picked someone else - how will we know?

If Weimann played last night he might have had a hat-trick with how open QPR defence was ;)

• Like 1

We scored 3 goals yesterday so why are people complaining so much about the decision not to play Gil.

May as well never sign any attackers ever again then.
Talking about the decision not to play him in this specific match.
Yeah I get that.

So if we scored 3 goals in this match we may as well not buy any more attackers, right?

That's how your logic is working.

Point is, scoring three doesn't mean you shouldn't be looking for improvements. Just because we scored three goals doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking for better attacking options, regardless of who provides them.

Scoring 3 would indicate that there is not a lot wrong with the attack, and it does not need much improving.

Unless you think we should be scoring 4, 5, 6 goals every game.

You've missed the point. Scoring 3 in a game is fine, but it doesn't mean everything is brilliant.

We scored 2 against Hull in august. Did that suggest everything was fine?

Thanks but I have not missed the point.

Try re- reading my post.

You have. My point is you don't say "well we scored 3 goals, let's never ever change anything ever"

It doesn't work like that. Just because we scored 3 goals doesn't mean Gil should never play.

Otherwise by that logic we'd never make anymore attacking signings because we once scored 3 against one of the worst teams in the league.

Then try re-reading your own posts.

Apart from commenting on things I did not say, your responses are erratic and quite nonsensical.

It's a no-brainer for me. Gil has flair and skill that no one else in our squad has. He should make the bench at least, but even that would be daft. I don't care if he doesn't track back as much as other midfielders, they're not all that hot at it either. We're still conceding goals every game without him in the team, we might as well have him on there to increase creativity and thus our chance to score more goals since outscoring the opposition is our only real hope given our pretty piss poor defensive record.

A diamond of Sanchez, Delph, Cleverley and Gil just behind Gabby and Benteke is what we should be playing in my opinion, with the full backs bombing forward -- and Richardson should never be one of them. Stop playing Weimann too, ffs. I got pretty sick and tired quite early on of Lambert's stubborn streak and his lack of changing his approach. I'm concerned that Sherwood is heading in that direction too. I don't care if he doesn't think Gil is suited to a relegation scrap, it doesn't seem like any of the others are either. Mentally we are very fragile, might as well play your best players and give yourself the best chance.

So drop Grealish, arguably our best player on Monday after Benteke.

That's a matter of opinion. I like Jack and thought he did start well on Monday, but I've personally seen more from Gil than I have from Grealish. I'd have Grealish on the bench, no problem. I'd bring him on over Weimann 90 percent of the time, but I'd personally start Gil over Grealish for the most part.

• Like 1

Then try re-reading your own posts.

Apart from commenting on things I did not say, your responses are erratic and quite nonsensical.

You must be trolling me.

My response was to the person who said we shouldn't change anything in attack because we scored 3 against QPR.

Football doesn't work like that. That was my point. 

We didn't play Sinclair either. So does that mean we should be perfectly happy if he doesn't get a look in again when he's fit?

Played 50 mins for the U21's tonight along with Kozak.

Somebody on another site said that Gil picked up an injury......

That would be hilarious and 50 mins does seem a strange time to come off. Sherwoods plan all along? [emoji6]

It's not about the Qpr match.. It's about the treatment of a quality player. If he was on the bench or starting every now and then it wouldn't bother me. The fact that he's not been used and we have to watch dross like Richardson who shouldn't be near the bench let alone starting. He had one terrible match so will he be banished now by Sherwood? Doubt it. So why has Gil because of one poor game against stoke. Doesn't add up.

It's not about the Qpr match.. It's about the treatment of a quality player. If he was on the bench or starting every now and then it wouldn't bother me. The fact that he's not been used and we have to watch dross like Richardson who shouldn't be near the bench let alone starting. He had one terrible match so will he be banished now by Sherwood? Doubt it. So why has Gil because of one poor game against stoke. Doesn't add up.

But Richardson is a left back and Gil is a winger/number 10???

Our team going forward has improved a hell of a lot since Sherwood came in and Gil hasn't been apart of that which speaks volumes. 

Oh well - people are going to have to cuddle their Charles Gil posters whilst sobbing to 1D records.

He's probably finished at this club.

If anyone is actually that bothered to see him play then I reckon you'll have to start following whatever second rate Spanish team we flog him

to in the summer.

:crylaugh: This is class.

I8CZKh.jpg

Oh well - people are going to have to cuddle their Charles Gil posters whilst sobbing to 1D records.

He's probably finished at this club.

If anyone is actually that bothered to see him play then I reckon you'll have to start following whatever second rate Spanish team we flog him to in the summer.

e31.jpg

I'd love an explanation as to how someone who was performing so well has ended up being frozen out. I can only assume he keeps shitting in Sherwood's Happy Meals and stealing his toys.

Sherwood's explanation, given on two separate occasions now, is (to paraphrase) that however well Gil might have been playing, he was part of a team that had lost 7 matches in a row and Sherwood's priority is to create a team that can get points. Gil doesn't currently make it into the teams he is picking to play more attacking football that will get us enough points to stay up.

Why are the rest of the players who were part of the team that lost 7 in a row still getting a look in?

As an example of totally misunderstanding the point of a post, this is a shiner.

Edited by briny_ear

Â