Carles Gil

bose

He wasn't frozen out. He lost his place fair and square.

Semantics.

Doesn't change the point. He didn't "lose his place" for being part of a seven match losing streak, otherwise everyone who played in that streak would have lost their place as well wouldn't they?

I think people are reading too much into the managers words. He was just waffling, as they all tend to do.

I still think there's more than meets the eye here.

Sherwood is justified in making whatever decisions he wants, especially if he keeps us up.

But this is more than Gil losing his place. He's not even making the bench. Fair enough the Stoke game wasn't his best performance, but there have been much worse performances from other team members who are still getting a look in.

It's just strange, that's all.

I don't think it's strange. It happens all the time for one reason or another. We reserve the right to not like it obviously, but I don't think it's a good idea that we know every minutia of what goes on behind the scenes.

This absolute need for knowledge is a curse upon the modern game.

• Like 1

We don't need to know or deserve to know, I'm not saying that.

All I'm saying is it's strange that a player who looked head and shoulders above the rest of the squad isn't even getting a place on the bench under the new manager.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing. Just that it's strange.

Attacking play, defensive play, it's all about how the team play as a unit, and obviously that hasn't been amazing considering we've only beaten Sunderland and WBA and have only one point from recent matches against teams like QPR, Swansea, Stoke and Newcastle. Having someone like Gil in the team can help at both ends of the pitch. Not saying he should start every match but we might be doing better if he'd have been used more than he has been.

And we might have done even worse, who knows.  We almost certainly would have done if he'd repeated his display agianst Stoke.

This Stoke performance has snowballed massively.

He wasn't great, but neither was anyone else. I'd say he was still one of our better players that day, although that's not saying much.

Stoke was just one match, what if he'd have repeated his good displays for the club, It's hard to imagine we'd have done much worse than we have done. I'm not even saying he should be straight back in the team or anything just that the idea that he's been left out because everything is fine with our play doesn't really hold up when stacked against our results.

We don't need to know or deserve to know, I'm not saying that.

All I'm saying is it's strange that a player who looked head and shoulders above the rest of the squad isn't even getting a place on the bench under the new manager.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing. Just that it's strange.

It is. Especially when it seems majority agree that he was our best player since he came back. Sherwood also rated him and picked him and even said that he had a great left foot... then BAM. Not to be seen. Doesnt add up. I dont buy the he just isnt good enough or doesnt fit in talk. Anyone who knows anything about football can see the lad has ability. So what has happened? Maybe they had a fall out and Sherwood doesnt want to make it public. Who knows.

It's not about the Qpr match.. It's about the treatment of a quality player. If he was on the bench or starting every now and then it wouldn't bother me. The fact that he's not been used and we have to watch dross like Richardson who shouldn't be near the bench let alone starting. He had one terrible match so will he be banished now by Sherwood? Doubt it. So why has Gil because of one poor game against stoke. Doesn't add up.

But Richardson is a left back and Gil is a winger/number 10???

Our team going forward has improved a hell of a lot since Sherwood came in and Gil hasn't been apart of that which speaks volumes. 

No, it does not. If Sherwood came while Benteke was injured and we improved, does that speak volumes about his ability? 

Is it not baffling that he doesn't even get to be a late sub anymore given his ability? Grealish as talented as he is, has shown nothing to indicate that he should start for us and yet he's handed a start and regularly features as a sub. Joe Cole is a regular sub too. Is it wrong to express bewilderment as to why Gil is not playing at all? Why are people getting all defensive as if they're Tim Sherwood himself?

If Gil had put a better performance in vs Stoke he could well be closer to getting in the team now. Sherwood took him off before for the hour mark for a reason.

He'll have to fight for his place and do better next time he comes on. Good luck to the lad.

If Gil had put a better performance in vs Stoke he could well be closer to getting in the team now. Sherwood took him off before for the hour mark for a reason.

He'll have to fight for his place and do better next time he comes on. Good luck to the lad.

thats my point. So Richardson wont feature for a while as he was really really poor against QPR? I expect him not to make the bench either.

But it's more than just the Stoke game.

The whole team was shit against Stoke.

Benteke was 10 times worse than Gil.

One bad performance doesn't mean players then get dropped for good. Otherwise our whole team would have been dropped after Stoke.

• Like 1

One bad performance doesn't mean players then get dropped for good. Otherwise our whole team would have been dropped after Stoke.

It shouldn't mean dropped for good but other players came in and performed well.  Nzogbia, sinclair and now Grealish have all come in since the stoke game and performed well.  I'm sure Gil will get another chance and then it's up to him to take it.

It shouldn't mean dropped for good but other players came in and performed well.  Nzogbia, sinclair and now Grealish have all come in since the stoke game and performed well.  I'm sure Gil will get another chance and then it's up to him to take it.

Which would explain him not being in the starting lineup. I'd be fine with that.

It doesn't explain him getting as little time as he has, imo. Weimann has continued to be dreadful but still features in nearly every game.

• Like 1

we should play him when 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2 these formation where Gil suits these roles, Sherwood like play 442 which Gil are lack, as he is not Winger with Track Back, Stay Wide. which Sinchair can do these roles and N'zogbia too, that why Sherwood kept play both ahead him.

in 4-2-3-1, Sinchair and Gil, Grealish all trio behind of Benteke will Wreck Opponent with plenty creative, Gill and Sinchair like draft inside if we play 4-2-3-1 to make hard man marked so Benteke are likely to free himself. Grealish and Gil, Sinchair can swap position across 3 attack midfields to hard to track to man marked.

in 4-3-1-2 Gil or Grealish in free roles both can ability in free roles ( which i think Gil is better that Grealish, due long range shot and more better mobility and alway in free space which grealish bit of lack, when attack Grealish like into man for recieve (which for draw foul if he recieve which is easy win free kick or Pen) and Gil dont do it and he like move free space and turn to do creative style. both are different type.

that why Sherwood dont got his plan to feature Gil. also he need experince player to fight relagtion team. which i think it reason. why he bring Coles when he already out of breath in 10 mins, but his experince are values to play as he know leagues and English style well. Coles suit to mentor Grealish for my opition and help out for Gil understand English football style pace. (Coles is well-know very unfit player and lazy player but his ability make him very good players because right time and right place all time to save energy.

Sherwood was harsh to do drop Gil after one POOR match he play for him, when other players are poor player on that day.. Vlaar was give away pen and red card, play him ahead okore which Okore and Clark are brilliant partner why he dont drop vlaar when there proof it is work well.. (might experince idea for fight relegation) i dont know as i am not manager and sherwood is.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

This Stoke performance has snowballed massively.

He wasn't great, but neither was anyone else. I'd say he was still one of our better players that day, although that's not saying much.

He wasn't one of our better players that day at all.  And as for snowballing, the lad seems to have metamorphosed into a combination of Ronaldo, Messi and Pele all the time he's been on the bench, in what can only be described as a severe case of NRC syndrome.

• Like 1

Â