Carles Gil

bose

Agree, but im sure he's gonna feel the wrath if we lose another couple and he hasn't introduced Gil.

The wrath of who, or what? For what reason?

I said it before Lambert tried to "change our style" - style doesn't win you games, especially at this end of the table and especially when you're in the middle of a relegation battle.

Just because Gil is easy on the eyes it doesn't mean he automatically should gain a spot in the team. We just won 3 games on the bounce without him, so there is no reason to assume he should be included all of a sudden.

He is good to watch, he is very talented, but we're in a scrap with the worst teams in the league and we need to fight for points right now. Gil will be a big player for us I have no doubt but right now its substance over style for me and Sherwood isn't in the wrong for not playing him just yet.

Edited by samjp26

Agree, but im sure he's gonna feel the wrath if we lose another couple and he hasn't introduced Gil.

I said it before Lambert tried to "change our style" - style doesn't win you games, especially at this end of the table and especially when you're in the middle of a relegation battle.

Just because Gil is easy on the eyes it doesn't mean he automatically should gain a spot in the team. We just won 3 games on the bounce without him, so there is no reason to assume he should be included all of a sudden.

He is good to watch, he is very talented, but we're in a scrap with the worst teams in the league and we need to fight for points right now. Gil will be a big player for us I have no doubt but right now its substance over style for me and Sherwood isn't in the wrong for not playing him just yet.

Weimann instead of Gil??? No excuses.

• Like 2

I think most people who are clamoring for Gil would have been fine with the starting XI today. But the 2nd half was the perfect scenario to bring Gil on, and he gets passed over for Westwood. That's why people are getting pissed off. Gil has the ability to turn a game with one kick of the ball, should've been out there today at least as a substitute.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

Westwood was clearly brought on because we changed formation to add more numbers in the middle of the park.

I didn't see that?  I thought he shifted Sinclair out to the right and moved Delph out wide left.

We stuck with 4-4-2 but had our wide men able to play on the outside of Swansea's full backs using their natural foot to get crosses in.  It almost paid off with Sinclair's attempt at the end as well (granted, we'd conceded by then).

Should have come on today when N'Zog went off, or Grealish.We played too deep, and too slow afterwards, and really lost the impetus.I thought N'Zogs passing, and choice of pass was poor today, and imho , in the same situations Gil would have picked a better option.

Lovely footballer, we need him in the team, partic at home, asap.

2 of our 3 subs were to replace injured players so unless Gil can play CF or DM he wasn't getting on. I would have liked to have seen him but the injuries nullified that. I hope he gets his finger out in training as he looked to be a very good prospect.

Its pretty obvious Gil doesn't fit into a 442 formation. He's just not that type of player. For Gil to be effective we need to play 451.... Give him a free role behind the striker. Not too sure Sherwood wants to give any player that freedom whilst in a relegation battle. That's nothing against Sherwood, deserved a point today, which wouldn't be a bad result.

Will be interesting to see of Gil gets a look in the next game, i very much suspect he won't.

Still reckon he would run rings around Carles **** Gil.

As an aside - my pal saw Gil the other day on a train back from Northampton with some friends. A London Midland, standing room only... First of all - why?? Second - very small feet apparently.

Sherwood knows how good Gil is, and he knows that Gil will score every time he plays, probably more than once. Sherwood just knows that the tabloids are waiting for him to play Gil so they can make punny reference to the episode with the gilet. He's not sure what the pun will be, but he doesn't want to give them that opportunity. It's sort of sad really, but I guess understandable to a point. Sherwood really doesn't like talking about the gilet.

• Like 4

Still reckon he would run rings around Carles **** Gil.

As an aside - my pal saw Gil the other day on a train back from Northampton with some friends. A London Midland, standing room only... First of all - why?? Second - very small feet apparently.

You seem to have something against Gil? Why? He's a creative player, we're a team that lacks creativity. He had a shit game against stoke on the wing, but he's never a winger.

Would have done a damn sight more than Weimann today, i know that much.

• Like 1

Â