Carles Gil

bose

Still reckon he would run rings around Carles **** Gil.

As an aside - my pal saw Gil the other day on a train back from Northampton with some friends. A London Midland, standing room only... First of all - why?? Second - very small feet apparently.

You seem to have something against Gil? Why? He's a creative player, we're a team that lacks creativity. He had a shit game against stoke on the wing, but he's never a winger.

Would have done a damn sight more than Weimann today, i know that much.

Nothing against the player, genuinely. Just find it all a bit bemusing. I guess I might be posting for effect and missing the mark a little!

I'm a little bit wrecked, physically and emotionally at the minute and not just because of The Villa and I seem to be taking it out on poor Carles Gil!

Edit - second half of that post is true story.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Gil should've been an easy swap for Sinclair, who just could not make the right choice with the final ball all game, or even for Benteke with Gabby pushing all the way up top and Gil playing in behind. Andi was a baffling choice in that situation, not at all suited to the game as it was. Hell, I'd probably have put on young Jackie Gresford before AW, too, if only for his directness. Might've actually won us a foul (or, given how the game went, found himself sent off again).

• Like 1

Am not impressed that he is not getting a look in under Sherwood, it seems Sherwood favours all action type players over technical players but I'd like to see a balance there and see the likes of Gil at least being used from the bench but would much prefer him starting. 

I can understand he may fancy other players in a relegation battle, it's just the total lack of any action Gil is getting that bemuses me. It must be because he hasn't been running through walls in training and maybe is struggling with the language barrier. He's probably shell shocked by coming from a footballing culture like Valencia to a 1980s English football mentality here.

• Like 2

'Frozen out', 'vendetta', 'left to rot', 'massive oversight by sherwood'....lets not get too hysterical, I'm sure it's none of the above ☺

I agree it may be none of these. But being left on the bench after coming from abroad to play, is not gonna do his confidence alot of good. I can also understand Sherwood not seeing something in training with him, but he has only just been signed and needs to play to improve. Im sure if he played every game since Sherwood came in, we would have a very good player on our hands.

As an aside - my pal saw Gil the other day on a train back from Northampton with some friends. A London Midland, standing room only... First of all - why?? Second - very small feet apparently.

You seem to have something against Gil? Why? He's a creative player, we're a team that lacks creativity. He had a shit game against stoke on the wing, but he's never a winger.

He wasn't even shit against Stoke.

It was his poorest performance so far. But he was still one of our best players that day.

What annoys me is if he does leave in the summer (which I think is unlikely but anyway) then he'll end up going somewhere like Everton or Newcastle and end up being really good for them.

• Like 3

As an aside - my pal saw Gil the other day on a train back from Northampton with some friends. A London Midland, standing room only... First of all - why??...

Well, he doesn't have to worry about training as he isn't getting a sniff :D

As an aside - my pal saw Gil the other day on a train back from Northampton with some friends. A London Midland, standing room only... First of all - why??...

Well, he doesn't have to worry about training as he isn't getting a sniff :D

I was more thinking £30k a week - get a car.

It was his poorest performance so far. But he was still one of our best players that day.

What annoys me is if he does leave in the summer (which I think is unlikely but anyway) then he'll end up going somewhere like Everton or Newcastle and end up being really good for them.

Wow, a fair amount of conjecture in there.  He wasn't far off being shit against Stoke, and he was far from our best player.  For now I'm going to trust Sherwood, as he knows what way he wants the team to play, and he's mostly got the team playing at a much higher standard than Lambert.  The Weimann thing is quite baffling, but I can only assume that young Carles isn't doing enough in training. 

And to foreveryoung I'd say that we really can't afford for Gil to play his way into form in the middle of a relegation battle.  We're far from being out of the woods, and still every game is a cup final, as they say.

Wow, a fair amount of conjecture in there.  He wasn't far off being shit against Stoke, and he was far from our best player.  For now I'm going to trust Sherwood, as he knows what way he wants the team to play, and he's mostly got the team playing at a much higher standard than Lambert.  The Weimann thing is quite baffling, but I can only assume that young Carles isn't doing enough in training. 

And to foreveryoung I'd say that we really can't afford for Gil to play his way into form in the middle of a relegation battle.  We're far from being out of the woods, and still every game is a cup final, as they say.

Well it's my opinion based on what I've seen so I guess it's conjecture based on the actual definition. But I haven't tried to dress it up as a fact.

he was ONE of our best players against Stoke. Not THE best player. But it was a poor performance from pretty much everyone. My point was more that Gil wasn't our worst player that day which some people are making out that he was. he was no poorer than anyone else on the team bar maybe one or two.

My opinion is that if he leaves in the summer he'll go to somebody of the standard of Newcastle or Everton (not necessarily in our league), and judging by what he's shown for us in his brief time in the team it's my opinion that he'll do well there. I don't have much else to judge him on.

If Sherwood doesn't want him in the team then that's fine. I'm happy for that to happen if we keep performing well.

But it's still a shame that, in my opinion, if he was to leave he'd be a success elsewhere. And my main frustration is not that he's not starting, but that he's barely seeing any game time at all.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

But it's still a shame that, in my opinion, if he was to leave he'd be a success elsewhere. And my main frustration is not that he's not starting, but that he's barely seeing any game time at all.

There's just far too much guesswork there still.  All we know is that at the moment he isn't playing.  That may well change between now and the end of the season, and even if it doesn't, he may well stay.  He also could be carrying a minor knock that we are unaware of.  Even if he did leave, there's no certainty at all that he'd go to a team like Newcastle or Everton, or that he'd do well if he did.  People got all misty-eyed over Makoun based on a funny jumper, a rap video and a half decent game against Man U, and he hasn't amounted to much since.

Â