Carles Gil

bose

Sherwood has made it clear that he likes "english" players.

Explain what you mean? 

What I'm saying is that Sherwood seem to want to build a team around mainly english players. But time will tell what will happen in the future, but i think we all can agree on that Gil being left out is a very strange decision of Sherwood, as he has been impressive since hi's arrival.

Edited by villalad21

I think Sinclair will be dropped in the next game and Gil/Weimann will replace him

I think a philosophy of you will be dropped if you play bad is good a little competition will cause the others to raise their game

Sherwood hasn't mentioned English players at all. How many English layers started Saturday? 3? What he has said is that we wil be playing a style of football to get keep us up and it may not be the style going forward. He's also said that he will make them train like they play and this is where Gil is failing by the sound of things. Obviously NZogbia is doing well so you pick the team on what you see in training. I can see him changing formation against United as I wouldn't risk Benteke as we need him for QPR and will only have Gabby and Weimann to start with. Some games 2 upfront isn't the right choice but at home I think we should be playing with 2 against most sides as its up to us to be on the front foot.

For me it's simple, Sherwood dosen't believe he a) fits into a 4-4-2 and B) dosen't have enough pace to play the role required which CNZ is playing off quite well, breaking quickly from the centre of the park.

What I don't get though is why he isn't even coming on as sub, two total different match situations, 4-0 up at Sunderland so the game is dead with 20 minutes to go and 20 minutes to go v Swansea where we need a bit of quality to unlock their defence and he's an unused sub in both.

Seeing as he's still adapting to the English game it would surely make sense to give him some minutes to keep him match fresh otherwise we'll get a few injuries upfront and so have to throw him in from the start and he'll be off the pace.

• Like 2

I missed Sherwoods quote that he prefers english, apparently, so did Bacuna, Okore, Guzan, (Hutton and Clark sort of) Sanchez and NZogbia, Benteke.  I actually thought Sherwood sort of liked Benteke.  Foolish me.

But it's still a shame that, in my opinion, if he was to leave he'd be a success elsewhere. And my main frustration is not that he's not starting, but that he's barely seeing any game time at all.

There's just far too much guesswork there still.  All we know is that at the moment he isn't playing.  That may well change between now and the end of the season, and even if it doesn't, he may well stay.  He also could be carrying a minor knock that we are unaware of.  Even if he did leave, there's no certainty at all that he'd go to a team like Newcastle or Everton, or that he'd do well if he did.  People got all misty-eyed over Makoun based on a funny jumper, a rap video and a half decent game against Man U, and he hasn't amounted to much since.

It wasn't half-decent, it was an excellent performance. A one off, sure, but an excellent performance.

He doesn't need pace as he has the trickery to get past players in midfield. He is no slouch either. Perfect for where nzogbia is playing. I understand nzogbia is playing well but Gil should be the one replacing him not Westwood or Wiemann

Edited by KSV

I missed Sherwoods quote that he prefers english, apparently, so did Bacuna, Okore, Guzan, (Hutton and Clark sort of) Sanchez and NZogbia, Benteke.  I actually thought Sherwood sort of liked Benteke.  Foolish me.

Hutton and Clark fits this philosophy i think, being british players. The players you mention play in positions where we don't really have alot of options. Sanchez haven't really figured much since his arrival.

He even subbed in that 16 year old ahead of Gil, which also can be a sign of my theory. But as i said in my earlier post, time will tell what his plans are for Gil and the rest of the team in the future.

He doesn't need pace as he has the trickery to get past players in midfield. He is no slouch either. Perfect for where nzogbia is playing. I underhand nzogbia is playing well but Gil should be the one replacing him not Westwood or Wiemann

You have not considered benching Sinclair to make space for our spanish friend?

Perhaps he's not settling well into his new country?  Look how Helenius was affected.  I wrote a fairly lengthy post in his thread (I think) about how homesickness can affect people badly - having worked in four different countries I know better than most what it's like to be away.

Given our situation and the mental toughness needed to get us out of it, if his head's not right at the moment we can't risk it.  I know he's on the bench, but isolating him comletely would only make things worse.

Sometimes we forget that footballers are humans (often young ones) with emotions and families.

I missed Sherwoods quote that he prefers english, apparently, so did Bacuna, Okore, Guzan, (Hutton and Clark sort of) Sanchez and NZogbia, Benteke. I actually thought Sherwood sort of liked Benteke. Foolish me.

Hutton and Clark fits this philosophy i think, being british players. The players you mention play in positions where we don't really have alot of options. Sanchez haven't really figured much since his arrival.

He even subbed in that 16 year old ahead of Gil, which also can be a sign of my theory. But as i said in my earlier post, time will tell what his plans are for Gil and the rest of the team in the future.

Says Manager only likes English players, uses a Scot and an Irishman as examples.

• Like 4

i personally think its just that sherwood wants players willing to track back and help defend. from what i have seen from gil he doesnt seem like that type of player.

i think if we were not in such a dangerous position he may start gil more

i personally think its just that sherwood wants players willing to track back and help defend. from what i have seen from gil he doesnt seem like that type of player.

i think if we were not in such a dangerous position he may start gil more

I don't really see Zog nor Sinclair being those types of wingers either.

I missed Sherwoods quote that he prefers english, apparently, so did Bacuna, Okore, Guzan, (Hutton and Clark sort of) Sanchez and NZogbia, Benteke. I actually thought Sherwood sort of liked Benteke. Foolish me.

Says Manager only likes English players, uses a Scot and an Irishman as examples.

This made me chuckle, but he did acknowledge they were British players in this quoted post.  Conundrum.

Perhaps he's not settling well into his new country? Look how Helenius was affected. I wrote a fairly lengthy post in his thread (I think) about how homesickness can affect people badly - having worked in four different countries I know better than most what it's like to be away.

Given our situation and the mental toughness needed to get us out of it, if his head's not right at the moment we can't risk it. I know he's on the bench, but isolating him comletely would only make things worse.

Sometimes we forget that footballers are humans (often young ones) with emotions and families.

But 90% of what we have seen from him in the pitch has been impressive, so I don't see that as being a reason.

This made me chuckle, but he did acknowledge they were British players in this quoted post. Conundrum.

Clark is as Irish as Andy Townsend.

I think Sherwood just prefers who are in some sort of form.  The problem with Sanchez for example isn't that he isn't English, it's just that he gave a few expremely poor performances and was rightly dropped.  Cleverley is playing well, and deserves his place.  So is the decidely un-English N'Zogbia.

Â