Carles Gil

bose

Gill was picked in Sherwoods first game selecting the team.  He was not great and was not able to hold his position.  The next game without him was an improved performance, we then went and won the next 3, playing really well and put in a decent performance against swansea.

I'm surprised he hasn't been put on as a sub more often but I really think too much is being made of it.

For the record, I think he looks a superb player and if I was manager i'd have him in my team.

I like Gil and think he may turn out to be a decent player for us although he is well over hyped on here!

If he impresses enough in training I expect (or hope) Sherwood will give him the opportunity.

This is bollocks now! My guess is he don't play him for personal reasons. Weimann in front of him is criminal, an playing a part timer like Cole in front of him proves all is not well.

Obviously.

Or he does this to piss off everyone at VT!

No ones saying this! What 'I' am saying is its most probably personal, can't see no other reason.

It's not most probably personal that's just your opinion. Sherwood at Spurs dropped Sandro who was a fan favourite then brought him back against us and he was man of the match. He's said himself he can't afford to hold grudges as we haven't the squad to exile people and you never know when you'll need them.

He had a big fall out with Sandro!

While we're going for random conspiracy theories, who's to say the problem isn't Gills side? He signed for Paul Lambert, maybe he's not happy the manager he agreed to play for left just weeks after signing.

Probably nonsense but then so is the idea Sherwood has a personal problem with him and refusing to pick him out of some sort of spite.

It's just depressing. Just when it looks like we might have one of those players I salivate over watching for other teams, he doesn't get a sniff. Must be horrid for him having given up a squad place in Valencia to this when he showed nothing but promise I'm his first few games. I bet you it's something as short-sighted as he's not picked up English particularly well and isn't the kind of player to bust his gut in training. It's the only real thing I can think of.

I just don't think he fits Sherwood's system.  I think he wants to play a 4-4-2 and Gill isn't suited to that role.

I'd like to see him possibly the right side of a front 3 or the tip of a midfield 3.

I just can't see us playing that way at the moment.  

Hopefully if we survive we will start seeing more flexibility in our formations for certain games.

I like Gil and think he may turn out to be a decent player for us although he is well over hyped on here!

If he impresses enough in training I expect (or hope) Sherwood will give him the opportunity.

This is bollocks now! My guess is he don't play him for personal reasons. Weimann in front of him is criminal, an playing a part timer like Cole in front of him proves all is not well.

Obviously.

Or he does this to piss off everyone at VT!

No ones saying this! What 'I' am saying is its most probably personal, can't see no other reason.

It's not most probably personal that's just your opinion. Sherwood at Spurs dropped Sandro who was a fan favourite then brought him back against us and he was man of the match. He's said himself he can't afford to hold grudges as we haven't the squad to exile people and you never know when you'll need them.

He had a big fall out with Sandro!

That's the point he fell out/ dropped him yet picked him when he needed him

I just don't think he fits Sherwood's system.  I think he wants to play a 4-4-2 and Gill isn't suited to that role.

I'd like to see him possibly the right side of a front 3 or the tip of a midfield 3.

I just can't see us playing that way at the moment.  

Hopefully if we survive we will start seeing more flexibility in our formations for certain games.

I don't get what that system is?

Zog and Sinclair aren't both natural wingers, neither is Gil. He could do the same type of job as either.

Gil is better than anyone in any forward position in our squad. I'd even play him upfront in front of Gabby. Why won't a reporter question him about Gil.

• Like 1

Perhaps he's not settling well into his new country?  Look how Helenius was affected.  I wrote a fairly lengthy post in his thread (I think) about how homesickness can affect people badly - having worked in four different countries I know better than most what it's like to be away.

Given our situation and the mental toughness needed to get us out of it, if his head's not right at the moment we can't risk it.  I know he's on the bench, but isolating him completely would only make things worse.

Sometimes we forget that footballers are humans (often young ones) with emotions and families.

^^^ I'm still sticking to this.  If there had been a major fall out he wouldn't be near the bench.

Perhaps he's not settling well into his new country?  Look how Helenius was affected.  I wrote a fairly lengthy post in his thread (I think) about how homesickness can affect people badly - having worked in four different countries I know better than most what it's like to be away.

Given our situation and the mental toughness needed to get us out of it, if his head's not right at the moment we can't risk it.  I know he's on the bench, but isolating him completely would only make things worse.

Sometimes we forget that footballers are humans (often young ones) with emotions and families.

^^^ I'm still sticking to this.  If there had been a major fall out he wouldn't be near the bench.

I don't think sitting on the bench not getting a game when you have moved countries helps to much. He was brought in to play. Its not a risk in our squad, we are not about to fall apart if we bring Gil in. No excuses for me, an the worry is, if we get relegated without playing the player brought in to create, it won't really leave Sherwood in the most loved position for the new season.

Every league game in which he has started, we have lost, so it's not as if his arrival turned the team around or anything.

He scored a nice goal against Bournemouth's second XI in the cup. But he was poor in his first game for Sherwood and was taken off.

Can't see any basis for these demands that he should be selected as a matter of right. 

Sherwood needs to select teams that can get us the points we need to survive, not include players just because some fans fancy them.

• Like 1

Gil doesn't fit into a 4-4-2? Where was Weimann playing then yesterday?

Weimman will run up and down that side all day.  I'm not sure GIll will do the same.

I'm not a fan of picking someone who works hard over someone with quality but I think that's partly the reason behind it as we're in a real fight at the moment. 

Â