Carles Gil

bose

If TS doesnt want to start him thats fine with me. The last couple of performances from the team without Gil have been okay IMO. Even though we lost at Newcastle I thought we deserved a point.

Didn't Sherwood say shortly after he came that Gil had "A wand of a left foot"? Doesn't sound to me like he doesn't rate him, more like he wants him to work for his place in the team.

Edited by daggy_333

I don't know. I think it's probably that he thinks that if he wants to keep the locker room on his side, he's going to have to pay a bit of homage to the Vieille Garde. Had he NOT done that, he would have been taking a massive risk. For all his rep for being a straight-up, tough-talking geez, he's not a fool.

I think it could just be as simple as fitness, he's alluded to it with teh whole squad not being in good enough condition to play high tempo for 90 mins, he has employed someone to analyse training so it coudl just be his numbers aren't up to scratch yet. I doubt anyone would think he doesn't have good enough feet to get in our starting XI.

• Like 2

I do sometimes wish that people would understand that FIRST IMPRESSIONS DO NOT MATTER.

Wait, are you suggesting, with devilish subtlety, that first impressions do not ... in fact ... matter?

Ah you caught that then...fantastic, I was a little worried I was being too subtle...

• Like 1

Was good to see him come on, think he'll still have his part to play but right now N'Zogbia is doing well, Sinclair doesn't deserved to be dropped and Gabby most certainly doesn't.

Tough decisions to make for Sherwood in regards to our attacking line-up, which is something we haven't had for a while. Good stuff.

• Like 3

Was good to see him come on, think he'll still have his part to play but right now N'Zogbia is doing well, Sinclair doesn't deserved to be dropped and Gabby most certainly doesn't.

Tough decisions to make for Sherwood in regards to our attacking line-up, which is something we haven't had for a while. Good stuff.

Also keeps the players on their toes, I don't think no one has definite spot on the starting lineup.

• Like 2

He was right in front of me when Grealish came on, looked pissed, but to be fair he was lazy warming up, maybe he is a little lazy in training. Don't get me wrong though, I want him playing every game regardless, adds flair.

He's probably a bit unsettled that the new manager who signed him and then started playing him quickly got himself sacked and so there is a degree of uncertainty as Sherwood dosen't really know him.

Still he's above Joe Cole in the pecking order at least....mind you if I put some boots on I'd probably be aswell!

Wonder if it's a language barrier and Sherwood is getting better out of the English speaking players

I'd imagine if Sherwood wants to provide a team talk to boost the players and even to make them play a certain way having a poor or little to no grasp of English doesn't help Gil's cause here. I think he has a place her so I'm not worried or anything. Think he is only 21 right?

Â