Carles Gil

bose

4-2-3-1 with him just behind Benteke would be ideal.

------------Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Lowton

-----Sanchez Delph

Bacuna Gil Sinclair

--------Benteke------------

Fixed

Please, no Sanchez until he is ready for and accomplished in PL.

Sherwood said he was left out at Newcastle for tactical reasons

Were the tactics to try not to score?

Since we managed 14 shots, in contrast to the 3 in the previous game, where Gil did play, I would say, no, the tactics probably weren't "to try not to score".

As far as I know, Gil didn't come here with much of a reputation as a goal scorer (5 in 64 games at Elche?) so arguing he should play in order to score more goals seems a bit odd.

------------Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark ????

-----Westwood Delph

Agbonlahor Gil Sinclair

I like that selection a lot and I think at left back you'll have to say Lowton again thought he did pretty good at Newcastle

------------Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Lowton

-----Westwood Delph

Gil Grealish Sinclair

I like that selection a lot and I think at left back you'll have to say Lowton again thought he did pretty good at Newcastle

I like it too, but fixed for you :)

He was asked in his presser why he left Gil out and he said "Because I preferred someone else. I pick the team and its up to Carles to convinve me in training that he warrants a starting place".

He was asked in his presser why he left Gil out and he said "Because I preferred someone else. I pick the team and its up to Carles to convinve me in training that he warrants a starting place".

Hilarious when you consider hes picking Weswtood, Wiemann and Agbonlahor. Obviously you cant read too much into training.

Hilarious when you consider hes picking Weswtood, Wiemann and Agbonlahor. Obviously you cant read too much into training.

Weswtood is a bit of an unknown quantity , young Norwegian midfielder.

Gil was poor against stoke and if hes not up to much in training compared to others then fair enough

He wasn't though really.

It's as poor as he's been for us, but he still did more than half the others out there.

Gil was poor against stoke and if hes not up to much in training compared to others then fair enough

I don't really give a shit what he's doing in training, he's got more ability than any of our other attacking players besides Benteke. What we lacked on Saturday was quality in the final third - he's the man to bring it. Has to play, has to. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't say he was poor. He was still the most likely player to do something. Was just wasted on the wing, you could see he was getting frustrated so he was roaming to try and pick up the ball from central areas. 

It's so typical that we finally get the player we've been crying out for and now we have a manager who doesn't seem to like him, yet continues to pick Gabby.

If Gil doesn't start tonight but Gabby does then I'm going to form an opinion about Sherwood which will be difficult to change. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Â