Carles Gil

bose

40 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

He was rubbish, weak shooting when he got the chance, failing to defend at crucial moments (e.g. second goal)and showing poor ball control. The only thing in his favour is he wasn't the biggest culprit. Gabby was useless and Ayew was verging on criminal.

Judging a number 10s performance when we went a man down after 17 minutes. That'll do me. Bet you couldn't wait to have a go..

Fwiw I thought he was good behind the front two before Ayew cemented our relegation. Was game over after that. He was basically a left back after that.

• Like 3

I'm surprised Garde didn't take him off for Clark. I know defending isn't Gil's main asset so I'm not holding it against him, but a goal coming from that side of the pitch had been brewing all second half.

This.

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

He was rubbish, weak shooting when he got the chance, failing to defend at crucial moments (e.g. second goal)and showing poor ball control. The only thing in his favour is he wasn't the biggest culprit. Gabby was useless and Ayew was verging on criminal.

He defended, a lot. He did make the odd defensive mistake, but he's a **** number 10, he's not a left back. It's to be expected when you force an attacker to defend for 90 minutes that he might make the odd mistake.

I'm not sure how he's to blame for the second goal. Didn't he take the corner?

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He defended, a lot. He did make the odd defensive mistake, but he's a **** number 10, he's not a left back. It's to be expected when you force an attacker to defend for 90 minutes that he might make the odd mistake.

I'm not sure how he's to blame for the second goal. Didn't he take the corner?

He was off the pitch 15 minutes before the 2nd goal

• Like 3

14 hours ago, briny_ear said:

So hilariously pathetic :crylaugh:

What should he have done for the second goal, then?

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

what does he actually do? one of the worst attacking midfielders I have seen

What a load of rubbish. He was looking good when he was playing in his actual position before the red card. He will never be a winger.

• Like 1

He's in the Grealish category for me  .... has some ability but flatters to deceive and doesn't deliver a lot

the only question is (like Grealish ) ... if its the player or the players around him and the way he's being asked to play that are the problem

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Razor said:

What a load of rubbish. He was looking good when he was playing in his actual position before the red card. He will never be a winger.

Totally was the focal point of us being on top away from home against a team pushing for european football. 

• Like 1

On 3 February 2016 at 16:40, tonyh29 said:

He's in the Grealish category for me  .... has some ability but flatters to deceive and doesn't deliver a lot

the only question is (like Grealish ) ... if its the player or the players around him and the way he's being asked to play that are the problem

Good players are good players , regardless of the indiviiduals around them . We depratelt need a driving midfielder , in the Ian Taylor mould , and one of them other things , I think you call them strikers .

On 2/3/2016 at 12:10, bobzy said:

So hilariously pathetic :crylaugh:

What should he have done for the second goal, then?

Nothing, 'cos he had been subbed off. When that statement was born as part of a much longer post, it was referring to West Ham's 2nd real attempt at goal (the Tomkins one). But I think I got a bit carried away in the editing.

Â