Carles Gil

bose

Is everyone confident that he will stay with us when we drop? 

Given that he hasn't always been a regular, and can be a bit inconsistent I'm not sure he has done enough to have PL teams beating the door down. What's his reputation like in Spain? (I don't follow European football)

always wants the ball but thought again he was the same as everyweek. tries to cut inside on his left foot and bullied off the ball as usual because decent defenders know what he wants to do

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

always wants the ball but thought again he was the same as everyweek. tries to cut inside on his left foot and bullied off the ball as usual because decent defenders know what he wants to do

I swear I seen him use his right foot to cross the ball, in which was diving headered over the bar before Bacuna had to head it in.

He is lightweight and muscled off the ball a lot. 

13 hours ago, av1 said:

Is everyone confident that he will stay with us when we drop? 

Given that he hasn't always been a regular, and can be a bit inconsistent I'm not sure he has done enough to have PL teams beating the door down. What's his reputation like in Spain? (I don't follow European football)

I think it's very unlikely, I can imagine a fair few sides in La Liga (bottom half to mid table) would have room for him.

Christ on a bike. 

I agree.

Never been his biggest fan, but thought he was very good yesterday. Yes, he's lightweight, but I was impressed by his relentless attitude. He refused to be bullied into his shell.

Nice showing. Hoping to see more end product over the coming weeks.

The idea he is a one trick pony is just ridiculous. He has had along with Veretout been treated like crap since arriving. Okay under Lambert he started off on fire and then Sherwood comes in and shows no faith, hardly playing him until this season, and then only in spells until Remi came. As with any player a high percentage of his game will be confidence dependant. As this improves so will he as with many in the squad. It is that simple.

He maybe not built like a brick shithouse but he sure as shit is as good technically as anyone else we have and along with Ayew and Veretout one of our best players. In a game yesterday that many wouldn't have started him due to the physical aspect of derbies, he was by far the best player on the pitch second half.

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not being picked because you've shown little to deserve it does not equal being treated like shit. 

Being dropped for the length of time he was after the Stoke game does though. Many others in that game were shocking but didn't get dropped but Gil took the blame in that game. Sherwood didn't think he had enough fight about him for the relegation scrap last season period and he got bombed for that reason and for the likes of NZog to come in. And where is he now we need fighters.

If any player doesn't perform they deserve to get dropped, but to see certain players getting dropped for lengthy periods to be replaced by the likes of NZog, Sinclair, Gabby who are predominantly crap most days doesn't sit well with me. All opinions though.

Didn't watch game weekend....but...I do think I over ratedhis ability a bit too much given we was crying out for that type of player in first team for years. Although it's incredibly hard to judge him fully without a legit striker this season

Still would see a few clubs signing him in the prem. Especially those who got pomoted.

10 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Being dropped for the length of time he was after the Stoke game does though. Many others in that game were shocking but didn't get dropped but Gil took the blame in that game. Sherwood didn't think he had enough fight about him for the relegation scrap last season period and he got bombed for that reason and for the likes of NZog to come in. And where is he now we need fighters.

If any player doesn't perform they deserve to get dropped, but to see certain players getting dropped for lengthy periods to be replaced by the likes of NZog, Sinclair, Gabby who are predominantly crap most days doesn't sit well with me. All opinions though.

You might not have agreed with the decision but the manager, for what ever reason, chose not to use him. That's not being treated like shit. 

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hardly inconceivable in a day and age where Lewis Grabban is worth £7m, and the difference between Gil and Grabban is that the former actually has some ability.

but that is internal Premier League signing. If Gil wants go back to Spain be lucky to get 3 million for him unless joins one of the top6 teams

21 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Don't forget that dead leg he suffered towards the end of last season that put him out for about two months.

Â