Carles Gil

bose

58 minutes ago, thunderball said:

How long is his contract? Is he going to stay?

Hope so. The thought of players like him, Grealish (if he has a resurgence) and Adama tearing up the championship next season makes me very excited.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Had a poor game... and was probably our 2nd best player.

Absolute lol right there.

That run he did at the start of the second half where beat 3 or 4 was about the only positive thing in the whole match from us.  He never hides from the ball which I guess puts him ahead of the other shite on display today, even if he had a poor game (though I confess I gave up at 4-0).

He's a "nice" player, but he's infuriating. He has zero end product.

Such a nothing player, indicative of this club at the moment that many, rightly or wrongly, think he's our best player.

Can't see him being much better in the championship to be honest. He offers so little product, ANY product.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Such a nothing player, indicative of this club at the moment that many, rightly or wrongly, think he's our best player.

Can't see him being much better in the championship to be honest. He offers so little product, ANY product.

I don't think it's just a lack of product, I think it's a lack of pace. Any kind of pace. No pace over distance, no pace over the first yard. He so rarely gets in a position for any product to materialise.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

17 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

I don't think it's just a lack of product, I think it's a lack of pace. Any kind of pace. No pace over distance, no pace over the first yard. He so rarely gets in a position for any product to materialise.

I can understand where both of you are coming from but you have to consider how deep he has to drop to get the ball.

If this was a fully functioning team and players ran beyond the opposition defenders then maybe Gil would be able to find them.

Last game he got the assist for Lescott, and scored a goal a few weeks back so wouldn't say he hasn't got any end product. Honestly if Weimann still played for us I reckon Gil would've played him a few times this season.

• Like 1

Gets pushed off the ball like a feather, and when he does get in good positions he turns back and plays it to Westwood or Bacuna which kills the move. Has zero assists from open play this year (that I can remember), and combined with no pressing or pressuring of opposition backlines he achieves ZERO outcomes you want from an attacking midfielder.

Â