Carles Gil

bose

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure they would. He's not someone who creates lots of chances or puts regular dangerous balls into the right areas. He has his moments, more than most our players but putting it down to others isn't right IMO. 

Maybe, maybe not - our frontline (barring Ayew) is possibly the most pedestrian we've ever had. There's no movement for our creative players (?!?!) to play 'dangerous balls into the right areas'.

Edited by theboyangel

8 hours ago, Spray said:

There's a good player in Gil, but in a dire team like ours, he'll look just as poor.

If he was at Arsenal or Spuds playing with better players, I have no doubts he wouldn't look out of place.

I can't stand his corners but that makes me think what on earth we are doing in training because it can't be practising them or free-kicks because none of players can take a decent one.

No. He is here because he is, for the most part...shit.

35 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Poor shot from Gil there - showing he is bit lightweight, unlike David Villa or David Silva. emoji3.png

What was it I said elsewhere about you being an expert in completely missing the point in people's posts? 

Yeah, that.

• Like 2

I thought Gil was fine tonight. His traditional game was out of the window with the sending off, but he worked hard and did his part defensively. He was practically forced to play left back for most of the game.

• Like 1

I thought Gil was fine tonight. His traditional game was out of the window with the sending off, but he worked hard and did his part defensively. He was practically forced to play left back for most of the game.

He was rubbish, weak shooting when he got the chance, failing to defend at crucial moments (e.g. second goal)and showing poor ball control. The only thing in his favour is he wasn't the biggest culprit. Gabby was useless and Ayew was verging on criminal.

Again he started brightly then had to do a job that in truth he's not physically cut out for.  It's whether you want to hammer him for the things he can't do rather than enjoy the things he can.  Sadly we never seem to see him play much as a number 10 and Ayew ruined that tonight.

Â