Carles Gil

bose

That second half is what he is capable of. Could do with better/smarter players around him or upfront. 

First half is what frustrates me though. I am not sure if its instructed or his own doing.. but he comes to the half way line to pick up the ball.. he spreads it out (or gets muscled off the ball) and whoever he has given it to.. it never finds him further up the pitch. 

Second half.. he was picking the ball near the box where he is dangerous. We need him to take on and drive into the box.. with his trickery he should be winning more penalties. He can provide so much more on a consistent basis. 

His usual brilliant self going forward, but I thought he really put in a shift defensively for us today as well. Great performance. I'd like to see him loaned out next season because I can't see him being much use in the Championship. 

Very good. I wish he'd have some lessons in challenging for the ball in the air though! If it's coming his way he really does just give up, I'd like to see at least some pressure on the opposition player so they can't just pick out a teammate with their header. Small grumble though.

You wouldn't think the game today would have suited him given West Brom are a physical side. They did their best to knock lumps out of him but he kept coming and I thought he was excellent. Just a shame there wasn't more movement up top . On that form someone like Vardy would have a field day playing with Gil.

3 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

I'd like to see him loaned out next season because I can't see him being much use in the Championship. 

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wut?

Seconded. wtf?

I think he'll run rings around people.

Imagine him and Adama attacking for us next season?

giphy.gif

its a myth that championship is full of big physical teams who just play hoofball with loads of old fashioned cloggers. 

Most of the best teams actually play decent football, and there are plenty of less physical but skillful players who dominate

If Barry Bannan can look good in the Championship, then Gil definitely can

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

The way people go on about the Championship on this site, you'd think it was some level of impossible competition that Premier League teams could only aspire to. 

Haha exactly. It's absurd. People make out as if all the teams down there are full of strongman champions and ex-special forces.

• Like 1

It's actually comical. I watched Wolves v Reading on Boxing Day; the number of bottled tackles was astounding. Ask Carles Gil whether he's more afraid of being tackled by Ryan Shawcross or Ethan Ebanks-Landell. I'm pretty confident I know the answer. 

• Like 1

Â