New manager

reykjavik

its a shame rafa is attached. he is the kind of manager we need at this stage. but cant see him leaving napoli for  a poor side like us

would anyone consider sven until end of season?

I think Rafa would be a dream manager, too. But yeah, he won't leave Nap. 

Laudrup would be a failure. He's sensitive to criticism, allegedly, which makes him a not quite perfect candidate for a club like ours with patient fans who always agree about everything.

I really dont understand this logic. he made swansea into a solid midatble side and got them a trophy. to be honest monk is just utilisng the foundations laudrup laid down

laudrup would be a fantatsic choice in my view but i doubt we could attract him

I wasn't claiming to be setting out a hugely logical point of view, but the next manager will need to be a bit thick-skinned.

You made a similar post before and it was utter rubbish then as well.

Oh, okay.

Someone one Readytogo mentioned the rumour about  Karanka and his having dealings with Lerner in the past.

I saw that earlier as well "Useless"

Wasn't it meant to be his agent knows Lerner though and not Karanka? :)

I'm not sure I don't think post that I saw specified. But it made me think of Mourinho praising the strength of the VIlla squad, what with him being a friend of Karanka's but ultimately I think it'll be someone with Prem experience or perhaps Klinsmann part-time until the end of the season

Someone one Readytogo mentioned the rumour about Karanka and his having dealings with Lerner in the past.

I saw that earlier as well "Useless"

Wasn't it meant to be his agent knows Lerner though and not Karanka? :)

I'd love karanka

• Like 1

It was Rodgers who did all the hard work at Swansea.

It was Martinez

I know what you mean but Rodgers can take a lot of credit for establishing them in the top flight. A lot of Swansea fans have a lot of praise for Kenny Jacket as well for their current position. They've had some managers really.

Curbishley - lol.

Care to elaborate?

Who has only ever managed two clubs (albeit one for a rather long time) and hadn't managed since 2008. Same with Gregory. Loved him until the dodgy dealings stories surfaced but health issues aside he has been out of the top flight too long. Don't care about premiership experience as long as the new guy has top flight experience. Championship punts can wait till the summer.

I don't want anyone similar to John Gregory , the man responsible for the worse FA cup final display , ever .

And also the best win ratio of any villa manager in the Premier league era

Anybody that could come in now and match JGs win ratio for the end of that season when he took over from Brian Little would be a bloody massive achievement

• Like 2