New manager

reykjavik

Really hope it's not a left field name like Magath or Pepe Mel were. This time I'd agree that we need someone with PL experience. Need a motivator....

Our last 6 permanent managers have had top flight experience.

I know - after we sacked Houllier and Mcleish I'd hoped Lerner would take a punt on someone from abroad but he seems to have a 'must have PL experience' filter in place when recruiting managers. This time round - given current predicament - I'd agree with that approach.

Ah ok.

I'm not sure premier league experience is relevant. Top flight experience definitely and they need to be ballsy.

Would you say no to a bit of Bilic?

I get the feeling that we have a shortlist already and all the pr mr fox did and with delph siginigng a contract was a way to lift the club and they must have  been thinking give him a game or two now that there is some positivity in the air and see if you can get a good result.

I thought that it was odd that no assistant manager had been put in place i geniuninly think its been on their minds for some time.

• Like 1

Curbishley last seen the Prem a decade ago. No thanks. LENNON, LENNON, LENNON !

Is that the Lennon who's never managed in the prem?

No the one who is on loan at Everton

Are we allowed to loan an on loan everton player as manager when we already have two players on loan from clubs in the north west?
  • Like 1

Would people be happy with a short term appointment initially and a longer term one in summer, or are we wanting the next long term manager in the next week? I feel there'll be better choice in summer, and I honestly don't think we need much to keep us up. A bread and butter, unfashionable, no nonsense manager who knows who to organise a team should comfortably do it.

• Like 2

Sherwood makes me cringe whenever I see him on TV. I really don't think he would cut it here.

Dyche is an interesting shout. Does anyone know if he's got any kind of affiliation to the Villa? A fan possibly?

I personally think they will look to get one of our previous players in and the only one I can think of that would interest them is Southgate.

If you look at all the managers from O'Leary through to Lambert, you'll see that they've all got a minus goal difference except for O'Neill, who had a lot of money to spend. Therefore, we really shouldn't be surprised if the next manager also struggles. But, with our current plight being so bad, a change seemed better than what we had to look forward to with the previous manager.

Really hope it's not a left field name like Magath or Pepe Mel were. This time I'd agree that we need someone with PL experience. Need a motivator....

Our last 6 permanent managers have had top flight experience.

I know - after we sacked Houllier and Mcleish I'd hoped Lerner would take a punt on someone from abroad but he seems to have a 'must have PL experience' filter in place when recruiting managers. This time round - given current predicament - I'd agree with that approach.

Ah ok.

I'm not sure premier league experience is relevant. Top flight experience definitely and they need to be ballsy.

Would you say no to a bit of Bilic?

Would make an exception. Instantly.

• Like 1

I wanted Paco Jemez when it looked like Randy would sell in the summer, but now I think that is too risky. Prandelli would be a massive statement, but I think we're best off going for someone who knows English football. Sherwood isn't experienced enough for me, what about Nigel Adkins? He didn't do well at Reading, but the club has been a mess since relegation. I think it's worth a shot until the end of the season at least.

Dean Scoggins ‏@SunDeanScoggins

Ok..as papers are about to hit presses.. our info is that Sherwood already expressed interest..the other name in #avfc frame atm is..Dyche

Don't get the Sherwood hate to be honest. Seems like a character anf is.passionate. Did well with Spurs. I don't live in the UK so maybe im missing something. Also had a liking for Di Matteo previously.
Yes yard man , I'm thinking David Rodigan , he could drop the Tenor Saw golden hen riddim , trus mi , dat wud keep us well up .

( Smile ) .

Haha. Rude bwoy skank.

I think I just threw up.

Could be penis envy .

I wanted Paco Jemez when it looked like Randy would sell in the summer, but now I think that is too risky. Prandelli would be a massive statement, but I think we're best off going for someone who knows English football. Sherwood isn't experienced enough for me, what about Nigel Adkins? He didn't do well at Reading, but the club has been a mess since relegation. I think it's worth a shot until the end of the season at least.

You do realise the aim is to STAY in the league ?!

• Like 1