New manager

reykjavik

I wanted Paco Jemez when it looked like Randy would sell in the summer, but now I think that is too risky. Prandelli would be a massive statement, but I think we're best off going for someone who knows English football. Sherwood isn't experienced enough for me, what about Nigel Adkins? He didn't do well at Reading, but the club has been a mess since relegation. I think it's worth a shot until the end of the season at least.

You do realise the aim is to STAY in the league ?!

Could it be that Adkins was behind the move for R Lambert, in time for when he took over the hotseat.

Would people be happy with a short term appointment initially and a longer term one in summer, or are we wanting the next long term manager in the next week? I feel there'll be better choice in summer, and I honestly don't think we need much to keep us up. A bread and butter, unfashionable, no nonsense manager who knows who to organise a team should comfortably do it.

Would be madness to give any manager coming in a 4 year deal when we could go down which would completely change the dynamics for all involved. Wouldn't put it past this board though.

Better to give end of season/18 months with option to extend for a couple of years if he keeps us up/playing well.

I wanted Paco Jemez when it looked like Randy would sell in the summer, but now I think that is too risky. Prandelli would be a massive statement, but I think we're best off going for someone who knows English football. Sherwood isn't experienced enough for me, what about Nigel Adkins? He didn't do well at Reading, but the club has been a mess since relegation. I think it's worth a shot until the end of the season at least.

Adkins was doing reasonably well with Southampton I thought before his sacking. He's been managing since the 90s too, albeit with spells as physio and coach inbetween. If we're looking at Dyche and Howe I don't see the difference.

Anyone want Shteve McLaren? He might even bring the rejuvenated Bent back with him to save us yet again.

Maybe we should go for Warburton. After all, we might need someone with Championship managerial experience the way we're going.

my hope is that it would be a manager that will already have the respect of the players, as opposed to a relative unknown who will come in with new methods and need to convince the people around the club of changes. they need to come in and have everyone right behind then from the off.

Klinsmann would be great if possible, any other well respected former players or managers who have won big things looking for a challenge would be ideal. I don't think this is the time for guys like Warburton or Howe as big a future as they might have.

• Like 1

Would people be happy with a short term appointment initially and a longer term one in summer, or are we wanting the next long term manager in the next week? I feel there'll be better choice in summer, and I honestly don't think we need much to keep us up. A bread and butter, unfashionable, no nonsense manager who knows who to organise a team should comfortably do it.

First and foremost we need someone to keep us in the prem - I think we should worry about the short term more - if the guy who keeps us in the prem can't take us forward address that if and when it arises.......

Laudrup would be a failure. He's sensitive to criticism, allegedly, which makes him a not quite perfect candidate for a club like ours with patient fans who always agree about everything.

Houllier MKII 

Could it be that Adkins was behind the move for R Lambert, in time for when he took over the hotseat.

If that were the case , he would of come . Get a grip son .

Genuinely would have Laursen. Sod all this experience rubbish. We need someone who is going to go in, inspire the players and play positive football. I reckon this man has the stuff. Lets not forget, he has been at top flight clubs like Milan and would have learnt a lot. 

Laudrup would be a failure. He's sensitive to criticism, allegedly, which makes him a not quite perfect candidate for a club like ours with patient fans who always agree about everything.

he left Barcelona for Real Madrid. im sure he can take criticism ;)

• Like 2

It's all quite exciting now isn't it? :-) Just hope the appointment isn't underwhelming.

lol -  I was so excited when we got  Lambert - look how that turned out ! 

We have to be realistic the timing isn't ideal - however we are still  a very attractive club to a lot of managers...c

Most name aren't very inspiring at all

If that were the case , he would of come . Get a grip son .

I was kidding and if it was the case it wouldn't have guaranteed that Lambert would have joined.

Why do people want Neil Lennon??? He is one of the most awful human beings in the game.

For real? I think you need to dial down the hyperbole just a mile or so? 

Was a city trader who jacked it in to train as a manager at his own expense. Travelled to clubs around Europe to learn before he got the Brentford job.

Love the story, but would rather see him get more seasoned.

Maybe he's in talks with Bruce Arena

America's answer to Jose Mourinho

Would love to see Arena. Would be shocked it it happens tho. Too insightful a move for Lerner.

Klinsmann, Bradley or Arena I presume if it is true that Fox is in the U.S. at the moment?

Nope, not at all. I think you're forgetting the other chap in the US who has a little bit of a say in this matter.