New manager

reykjavik

Klinsmann, Bradley or Arena I presume if it is true that Fox is in the U.S. at the moment?

Bradley is coaching in Norway I think -- so I doubt he'd be meeting in the states.

Tippeligaen hasn't begun... Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

Genuinely would have Laursen. Sod all this experience rubbish. We need someone who is going to go in, inspire the players and play positive football. I reckon this man has the stuff. Lets not forget, he has been at top flight clubs like Milan and would have learnt a lot.

No. If it went badly and it was his fault I'd kill myself. The man is a saint and must be kept above trivial matters like avoiding relegation.

Would take Bruce Arena all day long

Just checked the US national team fixtures till the end of the season. Could easily combine both roles. He'd have a Crack at winning FA Cup and being a Villa legend.

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/12/09/15/26/141209-mnt-2015-sched-first-half-rel

Whether he would want to ?? Can't see it but let's hope.

I think the Brits on the board will dissuade Lerner from picking an American manager. They are too conservative, too afraid of a big change -- just like Lerner!

(I think I may have just alienated ... like ... half of Villa Talk with this arguably stupid statement. I hope I am wrong!)

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

Laudrup would be a failure. He's sensitive to criticism, allegedly, which makes him a not quite perfect candidate for a club like ours with patient fans who always agree about everything.

I really dont understand this logic. he made swansea into a solid midatble side and got them a trophy. to be honest monk is just utilisng the foundations laudrup laid down

laudrup would be a fantatsic choice in my view but i doubt we could attract him

Just checked the US national team fixtures till the end of the season. Could easily combine both roles. He'd have a Crack at winning FA Cup and being a Villa legend.

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/12/09/15/26/141209-mnt-2015-sched-first-half-rel

Whether he would want to ?? Can't see it but let's hope.

I think the Brits on the board will dissuade Lerner from picking an American manager. Too conservative, too afraid of a big change -- just like Lerner!

3 out of the 4 board members are American !

Board Members

Chairman Randolph Lerner USA

Chief Executive Officerbtom Fox USA

Chief Financial Officer Robin Russell Uk

Non-Executive Director General Charles c krulak USA

Laudrup would be a failure. He's sensitive to criticism, allegedly, which makes him a not quite perfect candidate for a club like ours with patient fans who always agree about everything.

I really dont understand this logic. he made swansea into a solid midatble side and got them a trophy. to be honest monk is just utilisng the foundations laudrup laid down

I wasn't claiming to be setting out a hugely logical point of view, but the next manager will need to be a bit thick-skinned.

I don't want anyone similar to John Gregory , the man responsible for the worse FA cup final display , ever .

And also the best win ratio of any villa manager in the Premier league era

• Like 3

I wasn't claiming to be setting out a hugely logical point of view, but the next manager will need to be a bit thick-skinned.

You made a similar post before and it was utter rubbish then as well.