New manager

reykjavik

Whether they appoint Tim Sherwood or not....I'm quite staggered at some of the comments.

I'm really not sure what to think, but everyone is entitled to their thoughts.

• Like 2

I don't get the anti Sherwood comments.

He isn't proven, but proven managers can fail at new clubs, and unproven ones can succeed.

His record at spurs was good. He is a decent coach by all accounts.

He has an edge to his character, so did Fergie, Shankly,Saunders, Murinho,and in their own way BigFatRon, Gregory,and Saunders. It can be a good thing, it sometimes is not.

He seems to have an ego - see above times 10 !

Some of the names bandied around are so far fetched I cant believe they are serious suggestions. He may not work - I think he will (but I spent two years thinking Lambert would !) but he is by no means a daft or suicidal idea as some are suggesting.

At worst we end up going down - and that goes for whoever it is, we have left it late.

At best he could be a positive, attacking minded manager who keeps us up and grows into the job, bringing youth through to blend with the best of Lambert's buys.

As it happens I always quite liked him from what I saw....not as a mate, but for his unschooled, natural approach to stuff around the games.

good post Terry

Whats good about it? That a man with 4 months experience was compared to four or five of the greatest managers in footballing history. People are so relieved to have got rid of Lambert they are happy to take anyone as they see it as an improvement.

• Like 1

Some people seem to have a bizarre notion that just because he's the opposite to Lambert in terms of a personality that he's just what we need, but it doesn't work like that. Keane was meant to to give the players a rocket and look how that turned out.

Tim Sherwood a bit of a knob....based on exactly what?

Because he threw a jacket, saluted a player and didn't give the lambert "my players were excellent" press conference after every game.

good sign him up....some of em need a rocket up their arse

Or some good coaching? No?

I'm not sure that is true....I think there has been a complete lack of discipline and direction about the place....I'm not denying your point, but i think its a bit more, more like the environment.....Thats why, i think we can get out of this with the right man....I don't particularly like Pulis style of football, but i do like his no nonsense approach and right now, thats what i think we are missing....there is not even any fight in us.

Norwich were delighted to get Lambert his Colchester had just thrashed them.

I meant before we got him.

I bet Norwich fans would have wrote loads of positive reasons why he was a good manager and he turned out to be a disaster.  

• Like 1

It won't be Sherwood. 

It makes sense they would interview him. He is available. 

He will fail that interview. 

I would be genuinely shocked if we appoint him. Tom Fox chucking away all of the credibility that he has earned over the past few months. I don't care about how much of a shit position we find ourselves in. We're Aston Villa for goodness sake, we can do so much better. 

• Like 4

It won't be Sherwood. 

I would be genuinely shocked if we appoint him. Tom Fox chucking away all of the credibility that he has earned over the past few months. I don't care about how much of a shit position we find ourselves in. We're Aston Villa for goodness sake, we can do so much better. 

Can we? Why because we're in the bottom 3 with 13 games left? Because we have no certainty about the future and who will own the club after those 13 games?

I think you're living in a dream world if you think decent manager would want to come and work for lerner at this point in the season under these conditions.

• Like 1

It won't be Sherwood. 

Our board are incompetent enough that he wouldn't.

What you mean Lerner and faulkner, Probably yes. But Fox, I doubt it.

We were recruiting Steve MacLaren until fans protested, the fans sang for lambert and now look what happened.

I think some need to calm down.

Yep - also a lot of managers are great at one club - Ron Saunders only did it with Villa, John Gregory looked set to go onto better things.

I still don't think it will be Sherwood - I think the real work has been done getting a candidate primed and ready when sherwood asks for daft money -