The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I notice a lot of turks on my social media are like when its france/belgium it gets such the coverage when its happening in turkey its not important and talked about

what a load of b0ll0cks

Quite possibly because Turkey is busy arresting and locking up anyone who looks like a journalist. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Quite possibly because Turkey is busy arresting and locking up anyone who looks like a journalist. 

Yes they're busier actively censoring the systematic rape of 45 children but that's OT.

45 children were raped by Ensar pro gov Foundation members, Turkey's Goverment is trying to cover the news by censorship. Twitter users are taking the social media to spread the message and trying to make all the big news papers being aware of the situation.

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I notice a lot of turks on my social media are like when its france/belgium it gets such the coverage when its happening in turkey its not important and talked about

what a load of b0ll0cks

LAD Bible have posted a couple of things today on FB about the attacks and there are so many comments along these lines attracting thousands of likes including the like of "Who cares this happens in Syria every day" etc. As if its so despicable to show some respect or be affected by a tragedy without paying homage to every other one, the insensitive words removed.

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

Bet you the left doesn't, Ruge. Some of them might, but like wit the discussion above, you can't/shouldn't take some group (Islamics, Lefties) and tar them all with the same brush because a few do or say a bad thing.

Most people, of whatever religions/political outlook/creed will condemn completely the murderous people who did this.

condemn yes but there is always a but. 

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep and lets not forget the constant bombing of the kurds what do they expect?

Precisely, there is a civil war / insurgency going on in Turkey it's just not being reported.

32 minutes ago, Awol said:

It doesn't help that the Western European policy of multi-culturalism has encouraged people not to integrate into their host countries as well as they might otherwise have done. This potentially increases a sense of otherness for some, and a vulnerability to radicalisation by ideologies rooted in societies they may look to with a heightened nostalgia to situate their own sense of self and place in the world. Clearly I'm talking about a minority of people here or we'd be up to our guts in Bosnia style civil wars all over Europe, but it's worth noting how much this differs from the US experience where people arrive to become Americans, swear allegiance to apple pie and cheer hysterically at terrible sports. Joking aside it works and the evidence proves that.  There is no quick fix for European societies but we need to start thinking very quickly about how to do things better, because....  

Speaking as a North American, this is probably because white people there can't claim to be natives with a straight face. In a land where everyone is technically an immigrant, it's easier to integrate as you have as much claim of being American or Canadian as anyone else. There's less of the identity crisis a lot of people face in Europe. I kinda feel sorry for European immigrants, they'll never truly belong. And if they choose to align themselves with their ancestral countries instead they are chastised for not integrating, and as you mentioned this can sometimes have a devastating effect.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

what a load of b0ll0cks

They're right, though. All that Je Suis Charlie, French flags, etc., but we hear about massacres in the middle east every day, and it's "meh". 

• Like 2

A worrying amount of people conflating refugees/immigration with salafi/jihadi terrorism/extremism. How many of you have written to your MP complaining about the official British government position vis-a-vis patient zero Saudi Wahabia? Do you know about Al-Yamamah?

But then again, how can we really deal with the extremist religious positions of these people given the outright nonsense privilege afforded to a fundamentally similar set of religious folk in our own societies?

Hard questions need to be asked... but we'll resort to bombing, and more invasion of my life by some more showy nonsense to placate my sense of insecurity or is it yours.... who knows, but someone somewhere is scared!

Edited by villakram
  • Like 1

Regarding the semantics of the word 'swarm', before the refugee crisis I've always come across the word for meaning large groups of people moving in a particular direction e.g. whenever we have a sunny bank holiday and thousands of people are photographed on the beach in a newspaper, they are often said to have swarmed to the beach.  Obviously referring or comparing people to rats is horrid, but I don't think saying people are swarming (or flocking) is that unreasonable and shouldn't immediately bring comparisons to insects to mind.

what a load of b0ll0cks

Onlar deli zaten abi.

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

If you want to combat terroism the a better idea than closing borders would be closing the Internet.

If that's the answer, we've lost the war.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Yes they're busier actively censoring the systematic rape of 45 children but that's OT.

45 children were raped by Ensar pro gov Foundation members, Turkey's Goverment is trying to cover the news by censorship. Twitter users are taking the social media to spread the message and trying to make all the big news papers being aware of the situation.

Government officials involved in covering up the abuse of children, that would never happen in this country.

3 hours ago, blandy said:

I liked @LxYoungAVFC long post, because he explained why he posted earlier what he did. And although it's only a relatively small sample, it's the sort of information that is needed to be heard (along with other examples whatever they might illustrate).

It also seems credible that people fleeing the horrors of wars are not the only people taking much the same route to Europe. There are signs of demographic imbalance in the make up of the incomers - by that I mean there do seem to be disproportionately high numbers of young unaccompanied men, which seems to indicate that simply fleeing war might not be the sole  reason for people coming - that seeking work, or money (if only to send back to their poor families) might also be a motive. The absolutely vast numbers of people turning up does present a problem. The very different nature of religions and cultures will also create problems.
I think that wanting to help people who genuinely need help is not incompatible with a desire to keep terrorists, radicals, economic migrants, people smugglers and other criminals away.

The demographics are very interesting and we can only guess what the effect will be.

29 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The demographics are very interesting and we can only guess what the effect will be.

Qlx4b8d.png

Some serious fearmongering there. They didn't even bother to dress it up with concerns of terrorism either, it's literally just "there's gonna be a lot of brown people in Germany soon"...narrated by an American dude :lol: .

Also, notice the sly comparison of the population of "fighting age" migrant men to the numbers of the German military. Just yikes. The comment section of the video is predictably horrifying too, with calls for the gas chamber and another final solution getting dozens of upvotes.

Â