The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

10 minutes ago, snowychap said:

European external borders aren't open borders, are they? Unless you're suggesting building a physical wall/fence along the entire perimeter of the EU?

Europe could be defended by the Night's Watch too...

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, snowychap said:

European external borders aren't open borders, are they? Unless you're suggesting building a physical wall/fence along the entire perimeter of the EU?

Who are the people in the boats arriving in Greece ? Are they arriving on package holidays or are they just ignoring the external boarders completely that you report as closed ?

If rats are invading a property you only have a few choices,  a wall to stop entrance,  kill them or remove the source of the rats completely.  Your reliance on European border control and it's security is fine but I think you are in a tiny minority currently.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

A minor point, but drawing an allegory between humans fleeing an horrific conflict and rats is really poor form. I thought we got past the 'swarm' references when toddlers started washing up on beaches.

They play your emotions like a fiddle. Touching. There are swarms. Swarms of young, fit men who should be fighting for Freedom in their own countries. You do not see the harsh reality we are facing. Your Island is keeping you safe, but blind. You will take 20'000 refugees until 2020. 140'000 applied in 2015. Germany let in over 400'000 in 2015.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Who are the people in the boats arriving in Greece ? Are they arriving on package holidays or are they just ignoring the external boarders completely that you report as closed ?

Between 'open borders' and 'closed borders' there is a whole continent of possibilities.

21 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

If rats are invading a property you only have a few choices,  a wall to stop entrance,  kill them or remove the source of the rats completely.

What the bloody hell are you on about?

Who are the 'rats'? And what are you actually proposing?

Anyway...

I've watched the usual news channel coverage of this today and it's all as unsavoury as usual. Desperate for pictures of the latest victim, tossing themselves of every time they can say the death toll has gone up, and my personal favourite, rushing to get pictures of a bus full of distressed, injured, shocked people leaving the airport.

Rubber necking writ large. There's barely any real information or content. Just voyeurism.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

They play your emotions like a fiddle. Touching. There are swarms. Swarms of young, fit men who should be fighting for Freedom in their own countries. You do not see the harsh reality we are facing. Your Island is keeping you safe, but blind. You will take 20'000 refugees until 2020. 140'000 applied in 2015. Germany let in over 400'000 in 2015.

Should be fighting, are you serious? Swarms? Disgusting post.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Do you not think comparing people, whether they are women and children or young fit men, to insects and rats and parasites of other types, is wrong?

Actually, I know you don't, never mind. All the people coming from Syria are jihadist locusts waiting to suck good Christian Europe dry and infest it with dirty Muslims.

I've seen the error of my ways.

Yup, I said all of that. You oversensitive do-gooders amuse me.

I might find time later to write about my first hand experiences with refugees (syrian, ethiopian and eritrean) during my Civil Service. Showing you how some of these people really think might me worth the effort.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Yup, I said all of that. You oversensitive do-gooders amuse me.

I might find time later to write about my first hand experiences with refugees (syrian, ethiopian and eritrean) during my Civil Service. Showing you how some of these people really think might me worth the effort.

why do you say do-gooders as though not being an arsehole is a bad thing?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:
1 minute ago, a m ole said:

why do you say do-gooders as though not being an arsehole is a bad thing?

Maybe he forgot all do gooders must be right, an all the arseholes are wrong???

There's 2 sides chap, some have first hand proof, some just listen to the sometimes over compassionate media.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

This always makes me laugh. I don't know about you, but if I was at home and I needed to defend myself against ISIS,  I'd have a dinner tray to strap to my chest, a saucepan as a little helmet and a squash racket to hit them with.

As NV said, I'd probably be fleeing for safety and I know for a fact you would be too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Maybe he forgot all do gooders must be right, an all the arseholes are wrong???

There's 2 sides chap, some have first hand proof, some just listen to the sometimes over compassionate media.

that makes no sense. also first hand proof of what? haha. 

I really hate all these people wanting to do good, let's have more people being awful for a change.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Just for the record if someone like ISIS started attacking where I lived, blowing up buildings, shooting everyone in sight, raping and pillaging, I wouldn't stay and fight.  I'd leg it with my wife and child.  I'd go and find somewhere that I thought might take us all in so I could reluctantly start a new life there, ever grateful for the opportunity I'd been given.

I'm a (relatively) fit, young man, but if people start marching down my street with automatic weapons and RPG launchers I'll be out of here.  Proud and loyal? Yes.  Cannon fodder? No.

Yes, WITH your wife and child.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It has a lot to do with Belgium and specifically Brussels has the highest amount of jihadist's in western Europe afaik.  These have been to Syria and come back again and they let them back in.

The objective is to get these people out of the country and then refuse entry back in,  this is what happens when you have open boarders,  people die.

I do not see any reason to be nice to returning  jihadist's,  if I want to call them rats and that offends then so be it.

People fleeing for their lives from war are people,  there is a massive difference between the 2.

The problem we have is the rats look like normal people so we must be very careful indeed who and how we let the refugees in.  Today's events were carried out by a few people who may or may not have come back from Syria but the skills to pull this off are not taught in Belgium schools as far as i know.

Â