The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

23 hours ago, Chindie said:

Depends. It could be considered terrorism, dependant on what actually happened. But the bloke that did it is a 66 year old pastor from Tennessee who had a history of disrupting Congress. Seems he flipped.

If he is a pastor then its probably to do with pedofiles ?!.

• 1 month later...

So we have a major terror exercise in order to prepare the emergency services in the event of an attack and then after that we accidentally leave one of the fake bombs at Old Trafford forcing the evacuation of 68,000 people in the full glare of the public eye?

Someone should be getting the sack.

Or a big bonus depending on what the aim was.

How on earth can a security company, responsible for security and security testing and exercises "accidentally" leave a pretend bomb in the largest publicly attended building in the North of England. It's preposterous!

Pretty sure it was deliberate. How else could you simulate a full football stadium? And the crowd had to not know it was a exercise, to see how they would react. 

But of course they can't own up to it, due to the huge hoo-hah that would ensue. 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Pretty sure it was deliberate. How else could you simulate a full football stadium? And the crowd had to not know it was a exercise, to see how they would react. 

But of course they can't own up to it, due to the huge hoo-hah that would ensue. 

I'd go with deliberate in order to maintain the fear that those in power want us to have. Expedience.

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So we have a major terror exercise in order to prepare the emergency services in the event of an attack and then after that we accidentally leave one of the fake bombs at Old Trafford forcing the evacuation of 68,000 people in the full glare of the public eye?

Someone should be getting the sack.

Or a big bonus depending on what the aim was.

How on earth can a security company, responsible for security and security testing and exercises "accidentally" leave a pretend bomb in the largest publicly attended building in the North of England. It's preposterous!

If it wasn't deliberate then surely someone from the club security would recognise the item as a training device and quickly be able to remove it from the stadium.

Feel sorry for the fans though. Both sets must have had a pretty shitty journey back to the south. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Nah. If they wanted to evacuate a stadium full of people, they could do it at the end of a game. Furthermore there was a big training exercise at the Trafford centre earlier this week, and that was done with the place empty apart from volunteers.

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I agree with this. I also put the below in the Man u thread whilst it was going on. 

"Baffled how this can be a major security incident when half of SSN are still being allowed to report from outside the turnstiles. 

Anything with real substance of this caliber and there would be a several hundred meters exclusion zone set up around the stadium. 

Something just don't seem right.  

There was an exclusion zone setup outside the ground.

I can't believe it was deliberate, not when the club has an FA Cup final next week. It also show's any would be terrorist the procedure that will occur in such a situation. I'm sure 70,000+ people all outside the ground is a pretty tasty target for these groups.

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd go with deliberate in order to maintain the fear that those in power want us to have. Expedience.

I'd go with someone too busy taking selfies in the dugout to remember to do their job properly.

Internet hat on.

Maybe it was real, but they're reporting it as a fake, so people don't lose their shit?

Internet hat off - It's just a mistake, the people responsible will apologise and it probably won't happen again, in this country anyway.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

There was an exclusion zone setup outside the ground.

I can't believe it was deliberate, not when the club has an FA Cup final next week. It also show's any would be terrorist the procedure that will occur in such a situation. I'm sure 70,000+ people all outside the ground is a pretty tasty target for these groups.

Not for Sky Sports pundits it seems. 

Like I say they were still reporting from outside the ground.

Â