Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

maybe nobody wants to work with lambert? or maybe nobody wants to work at a relegated club?

when mclaren worked under fergie he looked good, once he had to stand on his own to feet we all saw how inept he was

McClaren is far from inept. I see Boro went from strength to strength once they were rid of him... International management is a different kettle. At club level he has done OK if not spectacular, won a fair bit considering and is at the very least a good coach. We'd be lucky to nab him.

Very strange comment from AndyBM

McLaren didn't have a good time as England boss, but he's ranged from decent to very good everywhere else he's been, pretty much.

maybe nobody wants to work with lambert? or maybe nobody wants to work at a relegated club?

when mclaren worked under fergie he looked good, once he had to stand on his own to feet we all saw how inept he was

Maybe a new manager will be able to bring in his own backroom team once Lambert has gone

Still no assistant manager and Phelan helps Hull to take 3 points from us. Lambert did not need help? I guess we must have saved a few pounds by not appointing anyone yet but it could cost us a lot more next year. If he did not need help I wonder why Keane was brought in? 

Edited by John
  • Like 1

The longer it goes on the more I'm convinced Lambert won't hire anyone as it would hasten his own departure. 

He may also have been told he's not getting budget to hire anyone in until his own future is certain

It is completely unfathomable to me as to why we have plodded along without an assistant for so long. Biggest questionmark of them all.

I truly believe that an Assistant coming in, coaching the players in training with a huge emphasis on set pieces could still yet save us this season.

I get that we're not attractive a proposition, I get that any decent coach in stable employment would be foolish to join us right now. I get that it needs to be someone he trusts and has a good relationship with.

I just dont understand why, if as we were told when he/they joined that Karsa/Culverhouse did the majority of the training, we replaced 2 coaches with 1 part time who has since departed.

So crazy to me that im sat here at 5 in the morning wondering WTF is going on.

• Like 2

forgive me guys by i no longer keep my ear to the footballing world floor...

but surely there are coaches out there at the moment not in work looking for a few months work that could help us stay up?

The longer it goes on the more I'm convinced Lambert won't hire anyone as it would hasten his own departure.

He may also have been told he's not getting budget to hire anyone in until his own future is certain

No. An assistant manager will be on circa £200k - £300k a year. Pennies in premier league terms. That will not be the reason.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Stupid that we haven't sorted this out as Lambert clearly can't coach a team and neither can the 2 Marshalls. A decent coach would have had us better drilled and we surely would of picked up more points. It's like the plebs running the club are trying to get us relegated...

No. An assistant manager will be on circa £200k - £300k a year. Pennies in premier league terms. That will not be the reason.

200-300k on a multi-year deal that'd likely be severed when the manager leaves, potentially amounting to significantly more than a single year's wage

Back him or sack him. He needs fresh in put so either get him someone he can work with and who will give the plyers a fresh voice or sack him we are squabbling over say £1m contract over 5 years but risking £100m a season if we get relegated!! Surely someone as savvy as Fox or even as incompetent as Lerner can see its a no brainer!!

When Culverhouse was here, he did ALL the training. He's always done it for Lambert.

Since he's gone, Lambert/Keane have taken it and it's Sunday league stuff. International footballers playing 5 a side every day. No wonder we look tactically short.

When Culverhouse was here, he did ALL the training. He's always done it for Lambert.

Since he's gone, Lambert/Keane have taken it and it's Sunday league stuff. International footballers playing 5 a side every day. No wonder we look tactically short.

Source?

It is completely unfathomable to me as to why we have plodded along without an assistant for so long. Biggest questionmark of them all.

I truly believe that an Assistant coming in, coaching the players in training with a huge emphasis on set pieces could still yet save us this season.

I get that we're not attractive a proposition, I get that any decent coach in stable employment would be foolish to join us right now. I get that it needs to be someone he trusts and has a good relationship with.

I just dont understand why, if as we were told when he/they joined that Karsa/Culverhouse did the majority of the training, we replaced 2 coaches with 1 part time who has since departed.

So crazy to me that im sat here at 5 in the morning wondering WTF is going on.

This

No variations with set pieces, corner after corner with no movement. Dropping Sanchez for one bad game after 3 MOTM ones, the list goes on. 

The only way we are going to stay up this season is if we get a good assistant in now, because Lerner will not sack Lambert.

Edited by tinker

Back him or sack him. He needs fresh in put so either get him someone he can work with and who will give the plyers a fresh voice or sack him we are squabbling over say £1m contract over 5 years but risking £100m a season if we get relegated!! Surely someone as savvy as Fox or even as incompetent as Lerner can see its a no brainer!!

I don't get the impression that in this regard it is about Lambert not being backed. If he had identified another assistant he wanted to bring in I'd imagine he'd be banging down Tom Fox's door and be on the blower to Randy.

Every time Lambert talks about Lerner he says she has a great relationship with him, that they speak every day etc etc. For me if Lambert had have identified an assistant then he'd have been here immediately. I think Lambert wants to be more hands on in training and may be more content working this way given the fact that for whatever reasons his previous assistants have left under a bit of a cloud. A cynic might also suggest it may leave those above less inclined to sack the manager during the season as there is no assistant or experienced first team coach to take over in the short term

It is perhaps also worth noting that when he did have an assistant, be it Culverhouse or Keane, results and performances were still in the main poor although I would acknowledge that Lambert as a one man band has reached depths I never even knew existed.

Edited by markavfc40

200-300k on a multi-year deal that'd likely be severed when the manager leaves, potentially amounting to significantly more than a single year's wage

compare that to the new deals of Gabby and Delph and its peanuts

• Like 1

compare that to the new deals of Gabby and Delph and its peanuts

It is, but it's peanuts we still don't have

Â