Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

I honestly don't think we'll bother with one now.

If we don't then at least we can take solace in knowing that efforts to sell the club are still being made in earnest.

Not trying to be stupid, but how so? Isn't it basically Lambert's appointment to make? I don't really see the connection with selling the club. 

I am hoping that like one or two have already mentioned, that the delay in appointing a new assistant is down to Learner not wanting to appoint a new assistant and then have to pay him off if he finally smells the coffee and sacks the clueless one

I honestly don't think we'll bother with one now.

If we don't then at least we can take solace in knowing that efforts to sell the club are still being made in earnest.

Not trying to be stupid, but how so? Isn't it basically Lambert's appointment to make? I don't really see the connection with selling the club. 

Because it's an indication that Lerner isn't looking to a future - that he's looking to limp through the final days of his tenure in what ever condition he can get it over the line. Lerner or Lambert recruiting an assistant would suggest they think there's still a job to be done that they'll need one for - not recruiting an assistant would suggest they're still hopeful of being out of here in the summer. 

It's just an opinion, could be way off target.

Surely this is what we've been waiting for, there can't be any other explaination for going almost two months without an Assistant Manager. I think it would a good appointment.

Edited by useless

Surely this is what we've been waiting for, there can't be any other explaination for going almost two months without an Assistant Manager. I think it would a good appointment.

I was going to post a few days ago, that the reason we're waiting to appoint an AM, must be because we're after someone who is currently in a job.

Steve Froggett said the other day he had interviewed Tom Fox and was now sure Lambert was going nowhere this season...

So surely we have to look at someone like Phelan when he becomes available?

But I guess not. Things have been going so well without an assistant manager after all! 

Â