Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

Like when keane was appointed, I can't see what impact an assistant manager could have with Lerner and Lambert running the club.

Don't you remember? Roy Keane was the sole mastermind of all our goals and success early this season, the way VT carried on anyway. I fully expected to see posts crediting him with making the VP grass grow faster.

Like when keane was appointed, I can't see what impact an assistant manager could have with Lerner and Lambert running the club.

It’s a fairly significant role at most clubs.

Maybe Lambert should hire a locksmith and he can explain to the players how to unlock this mystical f**kin door he keeps banging on about.

Hmm, makes you somewhat hopeful but fearful that alot of change is happening.

Begs the question whether it was inadequate before. Alot of these changes seem to be with long term thinking in mind; somewhat worrying when the here and now isn't looking too good I still don't think it's healthy not having an assistant manager in place.

I still don't think it's healthy not having an assistant manager in place.

Agreed. Especially when the team/manager can't seem to figure out how to score goals, and Lambert will have quite enough on his plate.

I guess more junior staff step up and do much of the assistant's role, but it's not really the same thing.

After reading the article sounds like it'll be a Director of Football in name only as the duties mentioned sound more like something a Sports Scientist would undertake. I can't believe they'd think an Assitant would be unimportant.

At present the need for an assistant manager is not thought to be a serious concern.

brummail

Article on search for DoF.

Wow, thanks for posting this link. Hadn't spotted that article.

The Birmingham Mail demonstrates its fearless commitment to printing out press releases from AVFC without any journalistic input of its own.

I mean, phrases like 

Yoann Copreaux, the new head of business strategy, was brought in late last year and is said to have made an impressive start to his time in the Midlands.

The changes in the academy also bode well for the future.

might, you would have thought, at least prompted a mild journalistic enquiry of "Got any examples, then, Tom?"

I applaud the effort to establish a DOF who doesn't impinge on or undercut the manager's role but doubt whether this can genuinely be achieved.

Also, back on topic, no mention of an assistant manager amongst all the exciting new developments, so maybe there's not gonna be one?

I wonder if Lambert has been effectivley downgraded to Head Coach. ? - Hence is there a need for AM ?

I wonder if Lambert has been effectivley downgraded to Head Coach. ? - Hence is there a need for AM ?

With the DOF rumour in the mail - the above is one feasible scenario.

Also could be to quell a little of the unrest.

IMO its more important who the people are that what the job titles are.

With the DOF rumour in the mail - the above is one feasible scenario.

Also could be to quell a little of the unrest.

IMO its more important who the people are that what the job titles are.

Lambert is in desperate need of a decent AM. I hope we get one in soon

Â