Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

If were going to bring in a striking coach with ties to the club our options are a bit limited really, yorke is only interested in media work, saunders hasn't worked since being sacked by wolves, Angel has just retired and guess would like some time with his family, Carew is having a crack at acting, leaves us with one man....

Emile-Heskey-006.jpg

If were going to bring in a striking coach with ties to the club our options are a bit limited really, yorke is only interested in media work, saunders hasn't worked since being sacked by wolves, Angel has just retired and guess would like some time with his family, Carew is having a crack at acting, leaves us with one man...

I'd go for Luc Nilis, but possibly more suited as a coach

Edited by sne

If were going to bring in a striking coach with ties to the club our options are a bit limited really, yorke is only interested in media work, saunders hasn't worked since being sacked by wolves, Angel has just retired and guess would like some time with his family, Carew is having a crack at acting, leaves us with one man...

I was just about to post the same thing, he's already coaching in Turkey. Not sure how good a coach he is though.

I was just about to post the same thing, he's already coaching in Turkey. Not sure how good a coach he is though.

Before he wen't to Turkey he was in charge of coaching the attacking at PSV and they have produced a fair number of good talents 

Wasn't he universally disliked by the players last time around? That said, he did alright when Houllier was ill

He fell out with Gabby as well didn't he if i remember correctly?

Seems everyone falls out with Gabby....

Do any of these ex players as coaches - really offer anything that Shay Given doesn't - Im not particularly advocating him - but it is only the assistant manager role - should we be breaking the bank to get an old player back - when we perhaps have something comparable on our doorstep.... 

What about Ehiogu, he's under 21 coach for Spurs (or was last I heard) no management experience but knows our club, and can coach a bit apparently...

The guy who was so ambitious he left us for Middlesborough!

if a grudge is worth keeping, it's worth keeping for twenty years at least!

It is if you are a West Ham fan and Paul Ince turns up. Just let it go!

• Like 1

Wasn't he universally disliked by the players last time around? That said, he did alright when Houllier was ill

So was McLeish's assistant Peter Grant, Karsa and Culverhouse, and supposedly Roy Keane if you listen to the tittle tattle. Not sure what our players are after in an assistant manager really?

O'Neill's guys seemed to be OK though.

So was McLeish's assistant Peter Grant, Karsa and Culverhouse, and supposedly Roy Keane if you listen to the tittle tattle. Not sure what our players are after in an assistant manager really?

O'Neill's guys seemed to be OK though.

I've heard before that John Robertson was a big factor in O'Neill's successes actually. Seems like he was rated.

• Like 1

He fell out with Gabby as well didn't he if i remember correctly?

Seems everyone falls out with Gabby....

perhaps he can't be told, what most of us know.....If I was a coach i would probably fall out with him too based on what i see.

Â