Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

Steve Round always seemed to be good at Everton. Don't think he is at Sociedad with Moyes. Would like him at Villa.

He woudl be a good appointm,ent but Moyes has said he'll work with the existing coaching team for a while before deciding who he needs to bring in. I'd expect Steve Round to be top of the "need to bring in" list.

I remember when we were linked with Moyes, and at that time looking at the Everton forums they didn't seem too enamoured with Round, a lot of them calling him a 'clipboard' coach who doesn't do anything.

If we're going to continue with this passing game we're attempting might be a good idea to try for someone who's had experince at a club with the same philosophy.

It's been a while now since Keane has left, I'm starting to think that the club aren't going to bother.

You have to wonder what the delay is. Things on the pitch arent going well and its been nearly a month since the previous assistant left.

Are candidates being put off by the uncertain future of the owner or is the club blocking any appointment (doubtful)

Surprised the lack of an appointment hasn't caused more of an outrage, Keane left on November 28th, to go this long without a replacement seems strange to me.

Perhaps the assistant position is in about as much demand as the manager's position might be if we sacked Lambert.

• Like 1

I don't want him to get sacked, just getting on with it and working without an Assistant is another thing Lambert is to be praised for. Thank you Paul.

His last two appointments have both left under a dark cloud. Maybe that's put off hiring his next suggestion.

• Like 1

next 3 games could well result in 0 goals and 0 points

maybe Lerner is waiting until we get those over and done with before pulling the trigger  , no point hiring an assistant that could be leaving within days (you'd have to be a retarded club to let that happen  :crylaugh: )

and the double bonus for Lerner  is the window is shut and he doesn't have to give the new manager any money

Â