Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

For some reason I thought he'd had a role similar to the ones Pleat and Arnesen had. If we want an Assistant to Lambert I think we should get a proper one and not someone to be a surrogate Manager.

On avtv comms they just said Gary McAllister is the new assistant manager.

Good appointment if true.

What's "avtv comms"?

Would also be delighted with that. Lambert is trying, and mostly failing to implement a very similar style to Houllier's Villa. Gary Mac was influential in getting that to click for us.

Very happy if McAllister is the assistant. I think I was one of the few who wanted Houllier to stay and could see what he was trying to do. Which is pretty much what Lambert is doing now, and it seems Lambert is hit with the same problems Houllier had (pass the ball around a lot, can't do anything with it). As McAllister was part of Houllier's team he should have some ideas on how to progress our new style. He has always spoken very highly of Villa whenever he's spoken about us, so hopefully it's a good appointment if true. 

• Like 1

What's "avtv comms"?

Would also be delighted with that. Lambert is trying, and mostly failing to implement a very similar style to Houllier's Villa. Gary Mac was influential in getting that to click for us.

I hope Gmac can help but we did have a forward line of young, downing and bent when it was clicking at the end of that season.

maybe, like with the lb position, lambert will get it right at the 3rd attempt.

Surely Keane has had a positive impact on how solid defensively we are no? We shipped goals last season and now concentration at the back is high. Hutton attributed that to Keane. 

Surely Keane has had a positive impact on how solid defensively we are no? We shipped goals last season and now concentration at the back is high. Hutton attributed that to Keane. 

No it was all Lambert!!

On a serious note we are solid defensively because 10 players on the pitch defend, or are defensive minded, thus lack of goals. Not genius tactics really.

What's "avtv comms"?

The club website commentary for the Blackpool game.

I don't know how much it is to do with Keane. If all it took was something Keane did then that raises more serious questions about what was going on the previous 2 years.

I think a combination of better players and a more defensive approach in certain games has made us more solid.

No it was all Lambert!!

On a serious note we are solid defensively because 10 players on the pitch defend, or are defensive minded, thus lack of goals. Not genius tactics really.

Which is why we're 12th and not in danger of being relegated. 

Everyone wants all things right now dammit  :D

No it was all Lambert!!

Which is why we're 12th and not in danger of being relegated. 

Everyone wants all things right now dammit  :D

Give us a shout after the next 4-5 games, because if not now, we will be in the dog fight of relegation after those games ive no doubt!!

• Like 2

Â