January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

1359896073878328436.GIF

Perhaps the strikers Lambert wants are unobtainable.

Would you prefer we sign someone just for the sake of it?

It should have been one of his priorities to make sure he got one in, he is paid to do a job and surely he has to see we badly need one, we are a complete embarrassment of a club at the minute and if we don't sign a striker who can actually score goals we are going down.

Pete Colley reiterating that no business expected at Villa.

.....and all hope fades......

Champoionship here we come

tZOS8.gif

• Like 1

It seems our custodian is not prepared to risk a couple of million on bringing in a couple of players even on loan to try to keep us up. That is a very big risk that he seems happy to take with the future of our football club! :angry:  

We already comfortably have more than enough in terms of players of the required quality to stay up. Unfortunately what we lack is a manager who can get anything like the best out of them and that would still have been the case had we made further signings today.

I appreciate what you are saying about being able to get the best out of what we have. But new signings often make an early impact as has Gil. A couple of new faces today might have done the same and we presently need all the help that we can get but it seems we are not going to get any.  

• Like 2

made even worse by some silly loan terms that means we have to play him........

There's absolutely no chance that's a clause, because it'd never be allowed
Well there is obviously some kind of clause that is finance related like us having to pay money everytime he doesn't play. The deal was rushed through after the deadline and I wouldn't put anything past some of the jokers involved with our club making a balls out of the deal.

It seems our custodian is not prepared to risk a couple of million on bringing in a couple of players even on loan to try to keep us up. That is a very big risk that he seems happy to take with the future of our football club! :angry:  

We already comfortably have more than enough in terms of players of the required quality to stay up. Unfortunately what we lack is a manager who can get anything like the best out of them and that would still have been the case had we made further signings today.

I appreciate what you are saying about being able to get the best out of what we have. But new signings often make an early impact as has Gil. A couple of new faces today might have done the same and we presently need all the help that we can get but it seems we are not going to get any.  

I agree new signings can often have a positive impact. However there has been a huge turnover in players under the current manager but zero improvement. We signed Cole, Sanchez, Cissokho, Cleverley, Senderos in the summer and saw the reintroduction of Hutton and more recently the return of Okore from long term injury. The result of all that? we have gone backwards.

I agree that Gil has made a positive impact but despite that due to a manager that is as tactically inept as any manger I have ever witnessed we lost 5-0 yesterday and could have lost by more.

I genuinely don't believe new signings will have the impact some hope they will. As it is all we have to cling to though then lets hope I am wrong if we do indeed sign someone.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Well there is obviously some kind of clause that is finance related like us having to pay money everytime he doesn't play. The deal was rushed through after the deadline and I wouldn't put anything past some of the jokers involved with our club making a balls out of the deal.

Why obviously? I strongly doubt there is tbh. I think it's more down to the manager not having a clue how to organize a midfield.

Think about it, though, how could the FA possibly allow a clause that means a player has to play? He could end up intentionally passing the ball to the other team and still be required by the contract to play every game

Completely against my better judgement, but I would take Adebayour on loan until the end of the season.

Even if he only tries for the first 4 or 5 games, his goals might be enough to get us moving in the right direction and give Benteke someone to think about.

Would be a lot less risk than a £9m + wages mentioned for Ba and a lt cheaper than the last striker we brought to save us from relegation.

He's just a poor mans Benteke. 

Yes, obviously.

817297234557171375.jpg

Edited by rodders0223