January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

John Percy  ‏@John__Percy  2m2 minutes agoCould be some late activity at #avfc with a bid to sign #lfc striker Rickie Lambert. Deal would be permanent if agreed with player & club

Won't happen, but this rumour won't go away..

Liverpool would need to bring a replacement in. Bit late.

Borini, Sturidge and Balotelli, Sterling can also play up top

I don't even think Rickie Lambert is the answer.

To leave the club he dreamed of and have the appetite to fight relegation, I highly doubt he would even be motivated for it.

Also how would he fit in? Benteke/Lambert in the starting XI seems too static to me.

I just don't know what to believe any more...

Could be some late activity at #avfc with a bid to sign #lfc striker Rickie Lambert. Deal would be permanent if agreed with player & club

Think I'm gonna go out, buy myself some new slippers to cheer myself up, then look back here at 11.

Edited by dAVe80

I assume he'd be a straight replacement for Benteke and they wouldn't play together. Probably an alternative and also a player who might motivate Benteke to pull his finger out.

Could be some late activity at #avfc with a bid to sign #lfc striker Rickie Lambert. Deal would be permanent if agreed with player & club

Think I'm gonna go out, buy myself some new slippers to cheer myself up, then look back here at 11.

That tweet is from 2 hours ago, while John Percy tweeted around 10 minutes ago. Irons in the fire still... the lights are still on and all that.

Aston Villa have launched a late move to sign Liverpool forward Rickie Lambert.

Villa's manager Paul Lambert is making a bid of around £5million for the England international and could complete a surprise deal before tonight's deadline.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11385256/Rickie-Lambert-subject-of-late-5m-bid-from-Aston-Villa.html

• Like 1

Two Lamberts are better than one.

And none are better than two. 

If it wasn't for P Lambert we couldn't in our wildest dreams even entertain the idea of signing Rickie.

I have no idea what that means? Is that meant as a compliment?

That tweet is from 2 hours ago, while John Percy tweeted around 10 minutes ago. Irons in the fire still... the lights are still on and all that.

Yep I noticed that. Seems it was a retweet.

If it wasn't for P Lambert we couldn't in our wildest dreams even entertain the idea of signing Rickie.

It means if we didn't have Lambert as manager we would have been relegated by now and signing the likes of Rickie Lambert would just be a pipe dream.

Edited by useless

It means if we didn't have Lambert as manager we would have been relegated by now and signing the likes of Rickie Lambert would just be a pipe dream.

Okay, fair enough. I radically disagree, but this isn't the P Lambert thread, so let's leave it. Still don't want R Lambert. 

• Like 2

Can't see a single reason why Liverpool would want to sell, unless we have either made a daft bid - well over what they paid or they have someone else lined up to come in.

They are struggling up top and whilst he has failed to get going so far, they would be mad to let him go and be left with Borini and the Nutjob as the only options whilst Sturridge works his way back.