January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

I imagine Ings will be going for upwards of ten million, I doubt we'll have half of that to spend.

I thought Ings only had 6 months on his contract left?

A fare few clubs will be interested and Burnley will be desperate to hang on, which I imagine will drive the price out of our range.

Edited by useless

I imagine Ings will be going for upwards of ten million, I doubt we'll have half of that to spend.

I thought Ings only had 6 months on his contract left?

I didn't realise that, even so he's been linked with Newcastle, LIverpool, Southampton and a few big clubs in Germany so we'd have a quite a fight on our hands to get him and you can imagine Burnley still wanting big money being as though he might be there only hope of staying in the league.

Definitely. I can imagine they'd try to avoid selling him completely.

• Like 1

Apparently Ings could be available for about £3m as he is out of contract in the summer.

Now Bent is out of contract in the summer, Ings , for me has a bit of Robbie Fowler about him, good touch in front of goal, doesn't panic, good movement.Offer him Bents wages and a 5 year contract, he will be that good.

I'd also look at getting Damari Gray from the Bloose as well.

"Apparently Ings could be available for about £3m as he is out of contract in the summer". I guess Burnley would feel the same about selling him for £3m as we would selling Delph and Vlaar for the same Rotterdam1982. 

As far as Gray is concerned he looks good in flashes at that level but he is tarnished goods now he has been on the dark side for me. I think we need to set our sights a touch higher in this window.  

Ings looks a very good player from the bits I've seen. What we are crying out for is creativity and some one who can cross the ball. Benteke makes crap balls into good ones just imagine him with a good supply line? Yesterday I think only Grealish gave him a decent cross which he should have scored from. I'd take Ashley Young back straight away he's delivery is miles ahead of what we have at the minute even if it can be hit and miss.