January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Loan bid for Mohamed Salah?

I don't think Egypt is in CAF this time, are they?

Is it a cheeky bid though? That's the real question...

Wouldn't say it's a cheeky bid as they have said they want to loan him out..... Villa would be ideal I think as he would get plenty of playing time which is what Chelsea are after.

Loan bid for Mohamed Salah?

I don't think Egypt is in CAF this time, are they?

Is it a cheeky bid though? That's the real question...

Wouldn't say it's a cheeky bid as they have said they want to loan him out..... Villa would be ideal I think as he would get plenty of playing time which is what Chelsea are after.

Definitely, he'd be a great player to get on loan.

Doucoure from Rennes is who I want, he is a beast and would be an upgrade on delph imo and he is only 21.  He signed a contract last Summer but I'm sure he would be tempted if we went for him and were prepared to spend a few quid although that's where any deal will probably break down as Lerner is hardly likely to splash the cash.  

Doucouré's a good shout, Sanson from Montpellier would be a great signing too.

With it looking more and more likely that Joe Cole won't have the durability to give us too many performances this season, we certainly need to make a move for an Attack Mid if possible. Most likely no chance, but it would be nice if we had a go for Belhanda, as I can't imagine he is loving being in the Ukraine at the moment, or possibly Popov. 

Sunderland, Swansea, Aston Villa and Celtic are among clubs monitoring American college prospect Jay Chapman.

The 20-year-old Canadian, who has a British father, has been starring for Michigan State who have made it through to the NCAA College play-off quarter-finals.

Chapman, an attacking midfielder, is a product of Toronto FC’s academy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2858063/Jay-Chapman-monitored-Sunderland-Swansea-Aston-Villa-Celtic-Michigan-State-attacking-midfielder-nears-move.html#ixzz3Kn87c1eA

Putting on my seat belt and crash helmet.

Mario Balotelli?

Teckers and Mario front two.

when need something massive and new... and he would have a point to prove!

He had a point to prove at Liverpool and hasn't kicked a ball for them. He's a waste of wages and will never amount to anything.

• Like 4

Some very iffy links to £12m rated Stefano Okaka (Sampdoria) in Italian media.

He's a real tank, very strong but by no means a prolific scorer

Would be strange indeed unless Benteke is sold

Came through the ranks at Roma, played for Fulham a few years back too. Showed really good promise for a while that hasn't really materialised. Decent, but not of Benteke's class.

Came through the ranks at Roma, played for Fulham a few years back too. Showed really good promise for a while that hasn't really materialised. Decent, but not of Benteke's class.

Yeah i follow Sampdoria since the late 80's and i rather he stayed at Doria than come to Villa.

Mind he's been quite good this season

Yeah i follow Sampdoria since the late 80's and i rather he stayed at Doria than come to Villa.

Mind he's been quite good this season

Lombardo, Mancini... ;)

Yeah his best season for ages so far, just when he was on the edges of the team at Roma a few years ago some mates of mine were really hyping his chances up. 

• Like 1

This is driving me nuts. Being a Villa supporter in the transfer window is like bringing a couple of your lousy toys to play at your spoiled friend's house as a kid: he's got a ton of toys he's not using and they're all better than what you've got, but he won't let you use any of them because he might need them later. If by chance you have anything he wants, however, he'll take it and give you Stephen Ireland his crappiest toy in return.

I think we're just going to have to get used to playing with our Gobot and our Matchbox car with a dodgy wheel.

Of course we don't know the in's and out's of transfers, especially budgets, but I have to say I'm surprised seeing certain players head to the Bund and La Liga, especially younger talents and free's....plus loans, I actually think loans are great for a club like us, they can propel us into great league positions and give us a chance to entice bigger players.

There are a fair few potential players who are out of favour at big clubs abroad, or young and need experience, we should be looking at them to help us achieve team balance till we find better targets, I'd take waiting a year or two to sign someone good if loans covered positions.