January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Think Keane could do a job as he would be an improvement on Bent in poaching a goal. I know it's only the MLS but coming here with confidence having scored so many goals and the winner last night in the cup final. Could only be positive for the dressing room. Defenders could learn off him in training too. 

If we loan Bent out till end of the season / his contract then we could slot Keane in for 3 months

We'll see.

You haven't got the best record of recognising talent have you?

So much for respecting other people's opinions. Pathetic post :D

Have fun with your 5 year deals for unproven players though :-)

Keane wasn't blessed with amazing pace to begin with and he can do a job as a sub when opposition are tired. He still gets the goals and confidence is high. He knows he can come over, get some money and add something to the squad and he knows how to play with a big strike partner. So we could throw him on and he'd play off Benteke if we needed 4-4-2 

Keane wasn't blessed with amazing pace to begin with and he can do a job as a sub when opposition are tired. He still gets the goals and confidence is high. He knows he can come over, get some money and add something to the squad and he knows how to play with a big strike partner. So we could throw him on and he'd play off Benteke if we needed 4-4-2 

I don't think he is short of a bob or two :D

So on record Steffan, you don't think Ings is worth a £3m gamble?

Bent is going, so in theory we have that money spare.Time will tell.

It appears to me that every time someone disagrees with you they are pathetic, idiotic, or stupid.Either that or you are just a bit pompous.

It appears to me that every time someone disagrees with you they are pathetic, idiotic, or stupid.Either that or you are just a bit pompous.

You said, give him a 5 year contract and Bent's wages.

So even with the £3m 'bargain fee'  that comes to about £20m of the duration of his contract basic, no fees or bonuses.

Shay Given?

I would take Ings sure, but I wouldn't throw money at the kid in a bidding war. He isn't Pele.

You said, give him a 5 year contract and Bent's wages.

So even with the £3m 'bargain fee'  that comes to about £20m of the duration of his contract basic, no fees or bonuses.

Shay Given?

I would take Ings sure, but I wouldn't throw money at the kid in a bidding war. He isn't Pele.

Exactly this. I didn't even mention the fee. Bent is on 60k a week. The fee doesn't matter when we give him such a ridiculous contract.

"Peter Withe John?"

That was not a direct move ROTTERDAM82 as would be a move for Gray now. Peter had served his time having been out of Small Heath for 4 years and at 2 other better clubs than them before he joined us. ;)  

Ings is vastly overrated. I'd rather bring Helenius back. We don't need a striker. We need a supply line. We need a younger Joe Cole and someone with pace and can cross a ball.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1