January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

My stance on Delph is if he doesn't sign a contract ... We do not need to be picking a player with no future here if we have other options available

We don't have other options available though. He's our best midfielder.

My point being that there's players out there in our price range who would improve us. We seem to only hear about the ones who got away that are too expensive surely if you have £5m to spend you don't look at a £10m player!! Lambert says we need attacking players yet until Cole he's not brought one in. in Jan this this is the only position he should be looking at. I wouldn't make Cleverley permanent if that's all the money we have we need to be more astute in our transfers

This isn't football manager though. Lambert probably identifies players through different means, whether it be scouting or agent offers etc. I'm pretty sure there isn't a database out there with all the players in the world and their clubs valuation of them readily available for him to peruse through.

You're right it's not football manager but what's that got to do with not knowing rough valuations and targeting within your means? In this day and age it's quite easy to find out rough valuations or you could just ask the club involved then move on to targets in your range. Saying we looked at this player but couldn't afford him to me is silly. I'd hope Lambert has looked at hundreds of players and some of those would be out of reach how about getting one in who isn't.

Only slightly relevant but Connor Wickham's new contract is reportedly worth £60k-per-week. Just another inflation to the already bloated domestic market.

Edited by Isa

Only slightly relevant but Connor Wickham's new contract is reportedly worth £60k-per-week. Just another inflation to the already bloated domestic market.

He is turd, but shows what happens when you let a player run into the last year of his contract.

Sunderland and ourselves, have been run awfully for the past few years. Don't they have an American owner too who is never there and doesn't have the first **** clue about football?

Pierre Emil Højberg please, apparently not too Happy at Bayern Munich.

Any good? Looks to have won plaudits coming through the Danish international youth system and models himself on Zidane but I've not seen him play..