January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Wouldn't play Delph or Vlaar again, too many players like Delph bang on about loyalty, how many good seasons has he had, possibly 1, rest of the time he spent it being injured. As for Vlaar, agree he'll be off to Rome in the summer, a slower paced game where his calf doesn't fall apart.

Vlaar has given us good service in his time with us, and value for money. Delph, however, has not been value for money, and in my opinion, he is not as good as he, and many posters, think he is.

• Like 4

I too would look to sell Vlaar and Delph in January, ang get the best deal possible.

I know it leaves us in a weaker position, which could risk our Premier League status, but I'd still rather get (thinking realistically) around £3m each for them and give it to Lambert to buy replacements (who actually want to be here!)

Ignoring the worst outcome (the possibility of us getting relegated), what's the best that could realistically happen with us keeping them both for the season?

We stay up, play fairly well, get top ten and then lose them both in the Summer for free?

In my opinion, this scenario increases the possibility of Benteke following them out the door, if he sees our best players leaving.

I too would look to sell Vlaar and Delph in January, ang get the best deal possible.

I know it leaves us in a weaker position, which could risk our Premier League status, but I'd still rather get (thinking realistically) around £3m each for them and give it to Lambert to buy replacements (who actually want to be here!)

Ignoring the worst outcome (the possibility of us getting relegated), what's the best that could realistically happen with us keeping them both for the season?

We stay up, play fairly well, get top ten and then lose them both in the Summer for free?

In my opinion, this scenario increases the possibility of Benteke following them out the door, if he sees our best players leaving.

I asked this before, but I'll ask again. Why does it matter if we sell them or how much for?

The money would go straight into Lerner's pocket anyway, none of it would go towards trasfers.

If we've picked up sufficient points come the end of Jan then I'd cash in on both of them. Most deals are done in the final days so if we have around 28 points then I would be confident we would be fine without them.

I asked this before, but I'll ask again. Why does it matter if we sell them or how much for?

The money would go straight into Lerner's pocket anyway, none of it would go towards trasfers.

In your opinion. In my opinion Lerner would give Lambert money as he would NEED to replace Vlaar and Delph. Ask again in a few weeks if you like. It won't make your opinion fact ;)

I love your posts Danny Villaman.

I have a Czech friend (who I haven't seen in years) who speaks English in the same way Danny Villaman writes. Every time I read one of Danny Villaman's posts, I read it in my friends voice and it makes me smile :)

And I'm not taking the piss out of his English before anyone jumps down my throat.

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 1

I see a Schaub mention has been made. Decent shout and one I was thinking about while I was supposed to be working earlier. Suits Lambert's system but can't see Weimann losing his place on the regular.

I'd go for it if it were up to me.

• Like 1

How about a loan for Nick Powell? Granted his career does seem to be going worryingly backwards, but I think there is a good footballer in there. He is never going to make it at United- though if Leicester are giving up on him it does look a bit concerning for the lad. He is still only 20, knows Westwood and was a Villa fan as a kid, so worth a punt I think. 

• Like 3

Still wonder what our best team is? This would influence my thinking about what signings to go after.

I started this season thinking yeah, we're not good enough to seriously challenge or anything but we've signed a few decent players, we've got a few options now in most positions. I don't know how we compare with other clubs but we do seem to get crippling injuries to key players. We'll go another season now without a full squad to choose from.

I think it's always been Lambert's plan to use Benteke and Kozak together, but just never been possible over the 18 months! If this was the case I would be saying we need top quality to replace Albrighton and Zog.

If Delph is leaving then I would say we need two players in that area, as well as signing Cleverley. I never have been (and I suspect never will be) convinced by Westwood, I think we can do better in time.

If Vlaar is to leave then I wouldn't be too worried about Senderos stepping up as our senior player there, and possibly signing another young Okore type as a replacement.

Everywhere else I genuinely feel we've got decent options, if only they could blooming stay fit!!

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2862659/Leicester-bid-7-9m-Chelsea-Tottenham-target-Andrej-Kramaric.html

Leicester City have made an opening bid for in-demand HNK Rijeka striker Andrej Kramaric.

The 23-year-old has scored 21 goals in 16 appearances for the Croatian club and has attracted the attention of Chelsea, Tottenham and Juventus, however, Leicester are understood to have offered around £7.9million. 

Pity we arn't interested in someone like Kramaric, Leicester showing some ambition by bidding £7.9mil for a guy who is banging them in for fun, even if they don't get him at least they are trying with a bid for a promising striker.

Think Lambert would rather spend the same amount on someone like Cleverley in January even though he's free in the summer.

I love your posts Danny Villaman.

I have a Czech friend (who I haven't seen in years) who speaks English in the same way Danny Villaman writes. Every time I read one of Danny Villaman's posts, I read it in my friends voice and it makes me smile :)

And I'm not taking the piss out of his English before anyone jumps down my throat.

Are you missing your friend?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2862659/Leicester-bid-7-9m-Chelsea-Tottenham-target-Andrej-Kramaric.html

Leicester City have made an opening bid for in-demand HNK Rijeka striker Andrej Kramaric.

The 23-year-old has scored 21 goals in 16 appearances for the Croatian club and has attracted the attention of Chelsea, Tottenham and Juventus, however, Leicester are understood to have offered around £7.9million.

Pity we arn't interested in someone like Kramaric, Leicester showing some ambition by bidding £7.9mil for a guy who is banging them in for fun, even if they don't get him at least they are trying with a bid for a promising striker.

Think Lambert would rather spend the same amount on someone like Cleverley in January even though he's free in the summer.

Yes Bosko Balaban came from them as well. Just because of that reason id say NO! 5.3mill :(

If they are pushing for champions league places and the competition is tight I can see both coming for him to be honest.

Nah, can't see it both can do better.

In January?

Arsenal are absolutely desperate for a central defender. Wenger rarely signs "squad players" in the summer (much to the annoyance of Arsenal fans) but may be open to doing so this Jan given their desperate need and the battle they face fighting for 4th, again.

They wouldn't pay £8m though obviously.

• Like 1