January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

I just never understand when people start mentioning 3 or 4 players to bring into the club in January. We didn't do it when we were spending competitively with our rivals so I definitely don't see us doing it now.

We will probably confirm Cleverley as a full transfer, and get a loan.

Even if we get fees for Vlaar and Delph?

That's a scenario that I hadn't thought of.

I can't see us being offered a fee for either that would make it worth selling them, but you never know.

I just can't see us being big movers in January based on previous form.

I just never understand when people start mentioning 3 or 4 players to bring into the club in January. We didn't do it when we were spending competitively with our rivals so I definitely don't see us doing it now.

I can't see us being offered a fee for either that would make it worth selling them, but you never know.

Yeah I'm not saying it's likely, I've seen £8m in connection with the Vlaar move with regards to both Arsenal and United. You'd think, Delph would be worth similar money based on his age and potential but there's unlikely to be a team desperate enough for him not to wait till the summer.

Could happen though.

Yeah I'm not saying it's likely, I've seen £8m in connection with the Vlaar move with regards to both Arsenal and United. You'd think, Delph would be worth similar money based on his age and potential but there's unlikely to be a team desperate enough for him not to wait till the summer.

Could happen though.

I think if we could get £8m for Vlaar in January, then we should take it. With his injury record, that would be a fantastic return for a player with 6 months left.

I don't know why (possibly foolish optimism) but I think that Delph might just sign a new deal. Like many others probably, I just feel that Delph 'owes' us for the amount of his Villa career that he has spent injured. That said, modern footballers generally don't give a toss about anything but themselves so that is probably a lost cause.

We shall have to wait and see what develops....

Somebody mentioned this before, I think the only money we have is for Cleverley and if that deal falls through that 8 million will conveniently disappear.

Based on what exactly?

..or are you saying if the Cleverley deal falls through, we should just spunk £8m on someone for the sake of it?

Here is what Lambert said about Delph recently:

"In another development, Lambert has admitted that Villa may consider selling Fabian Delph in January. His contract is up at the end of the season and the England international, who is recovering from shoulder surgery, has indicated that he wishes to keep his options open, leaving Villa with the choice of trying to cash in when they can or hold on to the player for the remainder of the season because of his importance to the team.

Asked if Delph could be sold in the transfer window, Lambert said: “For people going into the last year there is always that case. You are never sure what can happen. With the Bosman ruling the player holds the cards. I know that because I’ve done it myself. The main thing is to get him fit. That’s the main objective, to get him going again because he was playing ever so well. Once we get him back fit, I’m pretty sure he will be ready to go and we will see what happens.”

That sounds very much to me as if Delph has told the club there's no way he's renewing, and Lambert has accepted the fact and is trying to sell him in January so we receive a fee for him (which is, IMO, the right course of action). 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Wouldn't play Delph or Vlaar again, too many players like Delph bang on about loyalty, how many good seasons has he had, possibly 1, rest of the time he spent it being injured. As for Vlaar, agree he'll be off to Rome in the summer, a slower paced game where his calf doesn't fall apart.

Edited by SikhInTrinity
  • Like 1

Here is what Lambert said about Delph recently:

"In another development, Lambert has admitted that Villa may consider selling Fabian Delph in January. His contract is up at the end of the season and the England international, who is recovering from shoulder surgery, has indicated that he wishes to keep his options open, leaving Villa with the choice of trying to cash in when they can or hold on to the player for the remainder of the season because of his importance to the team.

Asked if Delph could be sold in the transfer window, Lambert said: “For people going into the last year there is always that case. You are never sure what can happen. With the Bosman ruling the player holds the cards. I know that because I’ve done it myself. The main thing is to get him fit. That’s the main objective, to get him going again because he was playing ever so well. Once we get him back fit, I’m pretty sure he will be ready to go and we will see what happens.”

That sounds very much to me as if Delph has told the club there's no way he's renewing, and Lambert has accepted the fact and is trying to sell him in January so we receive a fee for him (which is, IMO, the right course of action). 

This. Deplh and Vlaar should both be sold in January.