Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

A lot of teams have been in this situation at this time of the season and have beat the drop.

We have it in us.

WE CAN DO IT!

It's true, there have. But they were teams that - although they lacked quality - got out of the shit by having heart, guts, determination, fighting spirit.

I see precious little of that in this current crop of Villa 'players'. It doesn't look good.

Edited by mjmooney

Looks bleak, Stoke were poor and they still left with the 3 points. A good side will kill us on that performance today. New manager effect needs to kick in against newcastle, we need to not get beat there otherwise any positives of changing manager start to evaporate. 

Then we need to beat 2 of Albion, Sunderland and Swansea. That's just to keep some hopes alive too. We're in deep shit now.

We have the desire, we have the fight, we just have very very average players because we've paid peanuts for them.

Stoke are a very solid team and we were never in for an easy game today. Next week against Newcastle is definitely more winnable.

There is no way this group of players can win five games out of twelve, I'd be surprised we win any.

The second part of that sentence is (hopefully!) untrue, but I definitely agree that there's no way we're going to win nearly half of our remaining games. And I do agree with those disputing the idea that 'the players are too good to go down' - Newcastle went down with what looked like a good group of players. better than our current crop in fact. I struggle to see who is going to be drawing admiring glances during the relegation firesale from our current squad. Gil, sure, Benteke on reputation, same with Delph, Guzan maybe, Vlaar on a free, Clark has been too good to play in the Championship. Everyone else in the squad is a Championship player anyway. 

I hope we stay up of course but the writing is on the wall, two home wins all season...

We don't have the mentality to win games and that is why we're gone.

It doesn't seem we currently have the quality either. We need the likes of benteke and delph to find form.

I really cant see this bunch winning 5 games! When the going gets tough they retreat into a shell. If we cant beat Stoke a team who have nothing to play for with half their squad injured ( had a Stoke fan at work all week showing me how many players they had out) we ain't going to beat a team fighting to stay up this bunch couldn't beat an egg!!!

I feel a bit world-weary about this. You just can't keep on dodging the bullet every season unless you have a well thought out club structure and/or spend you way out of trouble. We haven't done this since 2010 and sooner rather than later we are going to pay for it.

I just feel we will end up on about  33 points and 19th place.

well if we can repeat wigan and at least win the fa cup on the way down that'd be something. although the concept of winning allied to aston villa is rather incongruous at present. 

Lets face it... thats not going to happen. 

I will be happy for a Semi Final day out and not to get hammered.

• Like 1

We're still only three points away from Sunderland can't give up yet, gotta believe.

This!

There's 6-7 teams in this. Win two and everything can change. Sunderland WBA Palace QPR Burnely Hull are not going to win every game!

Aye zero chance of us winning 6 games of out 12. I think we can make it to 27-28 points. Never been enough before, but could be a freak season where it's enough? Any examples in the past in the old First Division for example? 

I think that's about all we'll get, but there's no way that will be good enough. The other teams around us will collect a lot more points. At a push, maybe 30 or 31 might be enough, if us, Burnley, QPR and Leicester all do dreadfully from here on. 

We're still only three points away from Sunderland can't give up yet, gotta believe.

This!

There's 6-7 teams in this. Win two and everything can change. Sunderland WBA Palace QPR Burnely Hull are not going to win every game!

Sherwood should nail my post the dressing room wall to give the players a bit of believe. But we really need something from the Newcastle game to give us a chance, if the other results go our way then maybe a draw wouldn't be the end of the world but of course that puts all the pressure on the Albion match.