Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I think we are as good as down. We dont have a manager with enough experience to turn it around, and we hung on to the last guy for far too long. Another big cock up by the club and this time we are going to pay for it big time.

One of us, qpr and burnley will survive. Leicester are doomed. Looking at the fixtures we have the most favourable set especially still having to play both at home. I'm hanging on to every hope possible here

Joke. You talk like QPR and Burnley are FIFA opponents on beginner mode or a bunch of girls.

Both of them will be fighting with every thing they've got unlike us and win. Easily. We're going down.

We don't need "x" amount of points to stay up. We simply need one more than 3 other teams. To give us a good chance of achieving this, we really need to beat both QPR and Burnley at home. They are the two most important games now. I know we need points from elsewhere but we can't afford to give any away in those two games.

• Like 1

Anybody who thinks dropping Guzan for Given will help our cause is forgetting 1 simple thing.

With Shay Given, you lose pretty much all aerial ability defending crosses. He is terrible in the air.

At least now Guzan catches stuff, imagine how much easier it would be if attackers had even more free headers in the box.

I think yesterday really brought home just how bad we are, I was of the opinion that we have a good team that has been woefully mismanaged and with a fresh approach we would get to see the real team, yesterday changed that, I think we just are THAT bad

Where do we go from here? Impossible to say we if we will go down or stay up, all the signs point to relegation at the moment and something has to change on the pitch, we need 5 wins, I think we will get 4. Wether that will be enough remains to be seen

• Like 1

This bunch of wetters in the Championship? They have no fight, no desire and no passion all qualities needed in the Championship let alone in a relegation battle.

Ok say we go down, Lerner will want most the squad gone because of wage bill so thats Gabby, Benteke,Delph, Given, Bent,Hutton, N'Zog off the wages ASAP. Also Guzan will probably stick a transfer request in along a couple of others.

Cant see us bringing anyone in as the manager will be told use the kids. Lerner wont find a buyer either so we get stuck with him! Worrying times ahead.

Burnley and QPR will fight for the 3 points when we play them and on yesterday's showing they will do us!!!

I do try and look for positives in everything but after yesterday I really am struggling to find anything positive with this bunch of players except on paper they looks a good mid table team who are under performing... Lets hope Tim and his team can motivate them, Benteke needs be shown videos on how to score a goal for one!

Edited by calcifer

I think we are as good as down. We dont have a manager with enough experience to turn it around, and we hung on to the last guy for far too long. Another big cock up by the club and this time we are going to pay for it big time.

I don't really think that's got much to do with it - confidence in the squad has clearly been shot through the floor.

I don't really think that's got much to do with it - confidence in the squad has clearly been shot through the floor.

you don't think our chances would be improved with a Pulis for example then?

you don't think our chances would be improved with a Pulis for example then?

Possibly, but I don't think Sherwood's lack of experience is the problem here.

Think we are done for.

That takeover has just got to happen in the summer...the current set up is run by 2nd raters top to bottom.

Randy's not going to sell us if we go down . . . he won't even get what he paid for us, let alone what he's invested. 

I think yesterday really brought home just how bad we are, I was of the opinion that we have a good team that has been woefully mismanaged and with a fresh approach we would get to see the real team, yesterday changed that, I think we just are THAT bad

I am not so sure on this. I still look at our squad and think that on paper we are better than Leicester, Burnly, QPR, Hull, Sunderland and Palace and on a par with WBA, Newcastle, Stoke and Swansea.

I therefore think it is down to mismanagement why we have been so poor and find ourselves in deep trouble.

The new manager had 4 days to work with these players. The new coaches even less. Sherwood is also starting from a position of inheriting a group of players lacking in confidence. You don't instill a new style of play and some confidence in players whose confidence is rock bottom inside a handful of days. It will take time and maybe more time than what we have. I am not throwing in the towel though. A win needs to come quickly and I still believe that can be a catalyst. I also think playing away from home in the next game will be beneficial to us. The crowd was edgy yesterday, understandably so, and that does transmit itself onto the pitch. Away from home we won't have that. In fact given Newcastles result yesterday it is their fans that are likely to be edgy.

It sounds the obvious thing to say but we just a need a win and need it quickly. The longer this poor run goes on then the manager will get bogged down and fans and perhaps players will lose faith that he can turn it around.

I still think we will stay up. For as bad as we have been, and we have been terrible, we are still with in a point of safety and less than a handful of points off a bunch of other sides. That tells us that there are a number of very poor sides in this division. The advantage we have over many of them is that I genuinely believe we have better players. I just hope Sherwood is the man, and has been given enough time, to get the best out of them.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Yesterday was a low blow.... was begging for us to win it somehow in the final minutes to get out of the drop zone and didn't really foresee us losing it. Just didn't think we were capable of losing 6 games in a row again - especially with the fixtures we have had.

Yesterday i thought it was over and we had no chance of staying up, but now on reflection when you see that we are level on points with QPR in 17th and see there run-in, we are able to get out of this still. I can only hope that we have now had our awful run, and that we must be capable of winning4 games at least! I just can't accept we can go on for the next 12 games with the same form as the previous 12! it has to get better.

I am not so sure on this. I still look at our squad and think that on paper we are better than Leicester, Burnly, QPR, Hull, Sunderland and Palace and on a par with WBA, Newcastle, Stoke and Swansea.

I therefore think it is down to mismanagement why we have been so poor and find ourselves in deep trouble.

The new manager had 4 days to work with these players. The new coaches even less. Sherwood is also starting from a position of inheriting a group of players lacking in confidence. You don't instill a new style of play and some confidence in players whose confidence is rock bottom inside a handful of days. It will take time and maybe more time than what we have. I am not throwing in the towel though. A win needs to come quickly and I still believe that can be a catalyst. I also think playing away from home in the next game will be beneficial to us. The crowd was edgy yesterday, understandably so, and that does transmit itself onto the pitch. Away from home we won't have that. In fact given Newcastles result yesterday it is there fans that are likely to be edgy.

It sounds the obvious thing to say but we just a need a win and need it quickly. The longer this poor run goes on then the manager will get bogged down and fans and perhaps players will lose faith that he can turn it around.

I still think we will stay up. For as bad as we have been, and we have been terrible, we are still with in a point of safety and less than a handful of points off a bunch of other sides. That tells us that there are a number of very poor sides in this division. The advantage we have over many of them is that I genuinely believe we have better players. I just hope Sherwood is the man, and has been given enough time, to get the best out of them.

Agree with a lot of that.

This is a team that won 2 out of the previous 21 prem games. Its going to take more than a new manager working with them for a few days to change this.

Unfortunately we left it so late that we haven't allowed any time for Sherwood to make a few mistakes to learn his best team.

The new manager had 4 days to work with these players. The new coaches even less. Sherwood is also starting from a position of inheriting a group of players lacking in confidence. You don't instill a new style of play and some confidence in players whose confidence is rock bottom inside a handful of days. It will take time and maybe more time than what we have. I am not throwing in the towel though. A win needs to come quickly and I still believe that can be a catalyst. I also think playing away from home in the next game will be beneficial to us. The crowd was edgy yesterday, understandably so, and that does transmit itself onto the pitch. Away from home we won't have that. In fact given Newcastles result yesterday it is there fans that are likely to be edgy.

Agree with a lot of that.

This is a team that won 2 out of the previous 21 prem games. Its going to take more than a new manager working with them for a few days to change this.

Unfortunately we left it so late that we haven't allowed any time for Sherwood to make a few mistakes to learn his best team.

I agree Lambert should have gone months ago. Now Tim is paying the price and i think the damage has already been done

Edited by AshVilla

It's not as if we are cut adrift at the bottom and there are plenty of points available.

Survival can be achieved and it's totally in our hands.

The players now need to accept responsibility and get on with it, however, I do question some of their passion/drive to do so.

Sherwood was brought in to get a positive reaction, it hasn't happened so far (on the pitch) although it is only one game and I hope he (TS) can exceed my expectations and keep us up.

• Like 1