Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I think we're doomed. Today had everything pointing to a home win; new manager bounce, KMac back, home game, buoyant crowd, middle table team with horrific injury list. We blew it. If we can't even get a point in this type of game we're screwed. Hardly as if it was refs fault or anything - just simply too many average players playing poorly and the team as a whole having no fight or focus. Last minute goals in both halves is alarming.

It's too late now, we're done for. I can't see what any manager can do to turn this around in 12 games; bar perhaps Richardson that was practically the team we'd all be calling for and despite a pacey first half we actually threaten rarely, I can't remember a save their keeper had to make.

We've been walking the tight rope for too long but Lerner has pushed it too much this season with his lack of investment in the summer, the ridiculous indecision over Lambert and complete apathy towards the club. He deserves Villa being relegated, we don't.

I just hope we end up being a big fish in a small pond and don't disappear like many other teams have before us.

Edited by jackbauer24

We're still only three points away from Sunderland can't give up yet, gotta believe.

This!

There's 6-7 teams in this. Win two and everything can change. Sunderland WBA Palace QPR Burnely Hull are not going to win every game!

Albion and Palace are level on points with Everton, and with three wins and one or two draws they will easily be safe. They'll have no problem achieving that. Hull and Sunderland are only a little worse off, and both have the significant advantage of having purchased strikers who can actually score goals during January. They both just need three wins and a couple of draws. I'm afraid its probably 3 out of us, Burnley, QPR and Leicester, and for me Burnley have the form and the fighting spirit to do it.

We're still only three points away from Sunderland can't give up yet, gotta believe.

This!

There's 6-7 teams in this. Win two and everything can change. Sunderland WBA Palace QPR Burnely Hull are not going to win every game!

Albion and Palace are level on points with Everton, and with three wins and one or two draws they will easily be safe. They'll have no problem achieving that. Hull and Sunderland are only a little worse off, and both have the significant advantage of having purchased strikers who can actually score goals during January. They both just need three wins and a couple of draws. I'm afraid its probably 3 out of us, Burnley, QPR and Leicester, and for me Burnley have the form and the fighting spirit to do it.

This. That is why losing to Hull was a massive blow. Had we beaten them we would still be clear of the bottom 3 and I doubt they would have won today.Today's result in throwing away a point doesn't help either. We had a easy run over Christmas (Swansea, Sunderland, Palace and Leicester) and failed to win a single game- or even score a goal. That could be well be Villa's death sentence.

Newcastle, Albion, Sunderland and Swansea- We have to get at least  2 wins out of this and maybe a draw. April is a write off and we can't go into May 4-5 points adrift or we are toast.

It does not look good.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

This!

If say Burnely win next week and WBA lose that's 2 points between them? Put them totally out of it?

45 wins in 166 games since August 2010. I think we all have the right to be angry and frustrated lets not kid ourselves, the harsh reality we are in, hiding or pretending it is not happening wont help, Even around the club there seems an air of we wont go down, even some of the players think that

Edited by lmarsha_926
  • Like 2

It's going to be tough but, if we do go down, it won't really be Sherwood's fault. He inherited this shite. However, he did join with us only just in the bottom three!

It will take time for him to get used to the players and so we need to be patient.

We have the desire, we have the fight

Doesn't look that way to me.

Lots of people say that but I'm not sure what the metrics are. Going by how many yellow and red cards we're getting it would suggest they're trying plenty hard enough to fight. Losing games isn't specifically tied to lack of desire or passion or fight, it's just not being very good.