Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

The club needs to be in the top flight.

Explain why exactly because I don't get it. From a fan perspective, why do we need to be in the top flight ?

Edited by Paul33

The first bit of that is true, Lerner has spent the bare minimum on the squad despite massive TV revenues

Has he not actually spent more than he's been allowed under FFP, with us skirting VERY close to the limits when the sanctions kick in next year? Our losses show he's hardly been pocketing all the cash, we have loss targets that we have to be within and spunking a fortune could mean points deductions, fines, and a waste of time spending the money to begin with

The club needs to be in the top flight.

Explain why exactly because I don't get it. From a fan perspective, why do we need to be in the top flight ?

well the rest of the post that you didn't quote explained some of the reason.

"Can't just accept a lower league because we might win a few matches and make a few people smile. Going by that logic we might as well play in the Conference and win every match four or five nil, it's an hollow victory. The club needs to be in the top flight."

if the club ever wants to be competing at the top again it has to be in the Premier league not floating around the lower leagues.

it was inevitable really, you fight relegation long enough you're bound to be pulled in, for far too long we've been fighting it, at the think we moaned when we was a mediocre mid-table team, wish those days were back! some things are certain

lerner doesn't care about villa

fox wont sack lambert

lambert doesn't care about villa

were relegated

we will lose most of the first team

i'm interested to see who we manage to keep next season, i might even start attending again seeing as itll be cheap enough

it was inevitable really, you fight relegation long enough you're bound to be pulled in, for far too long we've been fighting it, at the think we moaned when we was a mediocre mid-table team, wish those days were back! some things are certain

lerner doesn't care about villa

fox wont sack lambert

lambert doesn't care about villa

were relegated

we will lose most of the first team

i'm interested to see who we manage to keep next season, i might even start attending again seeing as itll be cheap enough

Question for the floor: Is a relegated Aston Villa a better proposition for a prospective buyer than a Premier League Aston Villa, given the huge cost difference, disparity in FFP rules between leagues, and forthcoming increase in PL TV money, should they be able to get the club promoted in the meantime?

IMO it probably would be.

You'd be able to take Lerner to the cleaners over the cost anyway, he'd just want rid. You could pump as much as you liked into the club during the time in the Football League, as the Premier League doesn't apply spending there to its FFP and vice versa, so there'd technically be no financial restrictions (assuming you can get out within 3 years and make sure you don't go back). You still get the potential of the club, the stadium, the catchment area and everything that goes with Aston Villa, but for a lower outlay and with less restrictions initially. Could someone be biding their time waiting to pick us up for a song, plough money into us, take us up, and go from there? 200m to buy the club in the PL versus 100m to buy it in the Championship with 100m spent on playing staff during that year... 12 months down the line you've potentially got a lot more going for you with the second approach than the first

• Like 1

Leicester look gone

Burnley could be a few points adrift if they don't pick up a win against the big boys in their next 4 games

So you're lookinng at one from us and about 4/5 teams for the final spot

The new manager bounce would be worth its weight in gold and could just keep us up - here's hoping

I think Palace and West Brom will both be fine. They have had that new manager bounce and that for me will be enough to see them safe. We need a similar reaction when we appoint a new manager.

Burnley and Leicester will drop and for me it is out of QPR, Hull, Sunderland and us for the last relegation spot.

---------------------------Guzan---------------------------

Hutton------------Okore-------Clark---------Cissokho

-----------------Delph-----------Sanchez----------------

Grealish------------------Gil--------------------Sinclair

--------------------------Benteke-------------------------

Play with some width, utilise our speed out wide and give Gil a free role in the middle. No reason this team should be battling relegation if set up right.

Surely we have enough to get the points we need now.

A new approach and organisation and i hope we can pick things up.

Should be a better atmosphere next home game

Depends who's appointed.